Today is May 17th, Do You Know Where Your TNTHD Is?

I posed this question about TNTHD to Wilt over a week ago on the VOOM Yahoo group and to date, no response. Reposted it this morning. Could be that they just don't know. I think Wilt's more in the know on the technical side of things seemingly than the programminig side.

I just wanted to say that I have been reading over these forums for a while and have decided to finally jump in and 'participate'. I also hope that we get TNTHD by the 21st, but I guess we will have wait and see what happens. I have been vooming for about two months and can not be happier. I canceled DirecTV last week, I had been subing to them for over 5 years, and have not really missed it.

The only reason we "know" Dish is probably going to release the channel is that some "engineers" (i.e. hackers) have seen the channel tests. It is quite possible that VOOM is actually better at keeping a secret...

Why no TNTHD a mini rant!

OK so VOOM has the most HD, and now Dish gets the drop on them with TNT HD. I don't care if there is not much HD on TNTHD, there is the NBA and I can't get it.

NO I don't want DISH's hd package, I like VOOM just fine, but they sure are slow to make any additions.

No HDNET on INHD yet, no SCIFI channel. Voom needs to get on the stick.

And while I am on this little mini rant, what is the deal with INSTALLS INC.

My install went OK, but it sure seems like one hand does not know what the other is doing when it comes to installs. From poor emails, to poor installers, to differing opinions about the 18 inch vs the 30 in dish need or availability.

Unless it improves greatly in the customer service area VOOM is going to go belly up, and that will be a shame, cause mine works just about as good as one could expect.

I'll be sitting here with a 18 inch dish, a receiver, VOOM will be belly up and they won't even have the money to pay someone to pick up the receiver. Poor management and poor training equal not enough new customers. Look at how many posters threaten to drop VOOM. People want to make a phone call, get a follow up, have an install, and then

WATCH TV. Beacause at its best that is all we are doing, WATCHING TV.

Albiet expensive TV but it is still just TV. Boy I feel better.

Seanb61 said:
UP TO being the key phrase to take away. This does not mean they will have 39 by June 1.

They can't offer "up to" 39 HD channels if they don't carry them. What they mean is that if you get VaVaVoom, you'll get 39. If you get the basic package, you'll get less. But the only way you can get "up to" a certain number is if there is that number available.

I think 3 new channels is what they're advertising here - between the lines.

The other reason I suspect this might be legit is because they bothered to put the "(as of 6/1)" bit on there. If they simply meant that they would eventually "up to" 39 HD channels, they wouldn't need to put the future date on there.

I just submitted the question through the VOOM web site:

"Any plans to carry the new TNT Hi-Def channel (TNT-HD) being launched this week (May 19). If so, when?
I would love to see this channel on VOOM. It will broadcast TNT's drama, movies and sports programming in Hi-Def (including NBA games).
DishNetwork and some cable companies will carry this channel from day 1"

Anyway I don't expect anything but a canned response such as "we're continuosuly adding new programming". I'll post later when/if I get a response.

OK so VOOM has the most HD, and now Dish gets the drop on them with TNT HD. I don't care if there is not much HD on TNTHD, there is the NBA and I can't get it.
There is no TNT-HD on Dish Network yet, except to beta testers and those with hacked equipment.

TNT-HD does not formerly launch until this Friday, May 21.

WHy dont they just announce the channels and the friggin launch dates?
Contracts determine when new channels can be announced; it's not up to VOOM. The announcement date and launch date are often the same.

Remember the ESPN launch? It became available to customers in the morning, and the announcement was on their site late in the afternoon. A lucky few saw the test channels the day before.

This is from another forum:

Upon turning on my TV last night, I was surprised to find a new channel TNT HD. They were showing an upconverted NBA playoff game. So far their movies look to be upconverted SD also. The semi-finals of the western NBA championships are supposed to be in real Hi Def next week. I forgot to say that TNT HD showed up on Time Warner's Orange County, CA cable system.

It is from this past Saturday. Time Warner cable or not we should have heard something by now.

rexoverbey said:
What's your point? That's three days away and still a lot earlier than Voom is going to get it.

How do you know rex that it is "a lot earlier" than Voom? Do you know the date for Voom?

Ken F said:
Contracts determine when new channels can be announced; it's not up to VOOM. The announcement date and launch date are often the same.

Remember the ESPN launch? It became available to customers in the morning, and the announcement was on their site late in the afternoon. A lucky few saw the test channels the day before.
of course contracts determine when you can actually go live but they dont restrict you from making an announcement that "we expect to sign a contract soon". Guess what boys and girls, if they cant say that they are nowhere close. So apparently not even cablevision has a contract signed yet let alone Voom? Remember espnhd? So after cablevision gets one signed I guess we have a month to wait. If we get it at all.

Again why not announce the status of the contract negotiations? when they expect it to be done? How about an update on INHD?

D* announced on Jan 8 2004 that they were planning on launching CBSHD for the superbowl on Feb 8 2004. Why do they get contracts done so far in advance and voom cannot? It seems like vooms to biggest problems are getting contracts done and advertising.

IMO this secret info for beta testers is absolute bullsh$t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with announcing your intentions. I know that this was after the contract was signed but why is voom waiting so long to get the deal done? ID love to be in a business where I didnt have to have a schedule that was public. LMAO

I for one am getting sick of seeing vague statements, things like up to 39 channels by 6/1/04

Hey Guys... I just joined this forum... been reading for a couple of months now... could not resist any longer... so I joined... trust me when I say, I've been a voomer since early november... and I still have the original voom brochure... which says... 39* total available HD channels as of 2/1/04... it also says 28 hd channels available 10/1/03... and believe me... neither became true by the dates they tried for... so don't anybody hold their breaths to long... but, I'll take all they can get... whenever it becomes available... it also has INHD and INHD2 listed on the HD marquee... not to mention NBA TV, the Golf channel, College Sports TV and the Tennis channel under HD sports... it also shows HGTV as one of the SD channels... this brochure is what convinced me to go with voom... although I'm a bit dissapointed not getting all that was promoted... I'm not dissapointed enough to quit, yet...
I love my hdtv...... Al

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)