Today is the Day!

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
OK, wish me luck on install attempt #4 scheduled for today.

No snow, no wind, etc. In about one hour from now I will be either a happy camper or a disenfranchised one.

UNBELIEVEABLE!!! 10 minutes ago it was clear skies. Installer just called to say he will be here within the hour. About 2 minutes ago the snow started falling at a pretty good clip. I suspect this will be another aborted attempt.

Amphicar770 said:
UNBELIEVEABLE!!! 10 minutes ago it was clear skies. Installer just called to say he will be here within the hour. About 2 minutes ago the snow started falling at a pretty good clip. I suspect this will be another aborted attempt.

hope he get there fast and you get your voom in TODAY

Thanks for the good vibes but they were not quite strong enough.

Installer did show but another reschedule. I am having some trees taken out this week so the good news is that that will make available a mounting location which he can do with just a ladder versus climbing on the roof. He says that if he can work from the ladder then a bit of rain or snow will not be an issue.

Weather all week had been dry and clear right up until about 8:30 this morning. Talk about bad timing! My only hope now is that it is not ANOTHER two weeks until they can schedule my next attempt.

Amphicar770 said:
Thanks for the good vibes but they were not quite strong enough.

Installer did show but another reschedule. I am having some trees taken out this week so the good news is that that will make available a mounting location which he can do with just a ladder versus climbing on the roof. He says that if he can work from the ladder then a bit of rain or snow will not be an issue.

Weather all week had been dry and clear right up until about 8:30 this morning. Talk about bad timing! My only hope now is that it is not ANOTHER two weeks until they can schedule my next attempt.

The man can't handle a little bit of weather? I can understand if you had a three story house with a slick steep pitched roof and there was a blizzard or it was raining so hard it was causing flooding,. But if he can't find one day out of four scheduled appointments that the job can be done, then it sounds as if the guy just doesn't want the work.
I'm a D* installer and live in the south. We rarely see snow, more freezing rain which can make things pretty hairy at times, but we do get a lot of rain. Unless they are closing roads due to icing or flooding, we work. I find that a lot of customers are surprised when I show up on a rainy day, I just tell them, "I've been wet before and I'll be wet again, it ain't nuttin' but a thing." I don't like working in the pouring rain, but I do it. I can tell you for sure that the "tickle" you get from a phone line as you are kneeling in a puddle of water feels more like a jolt than a tickle, but it can really calm you down (kinda like electroshock therapy :D ).

Well, latest install date is NEXT Wednesday. Unfortunately whenever I have to reschedule they never have any date available until at least the following week.

In any event, trees come down tomorrow so installer will then no longer need to get on the roof. He should be able to do what he needs to with a 15 foot ladder at that point.

Stuck with E* for another week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)