Fortec Too Old FTA Equipment?

dbshelton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2008
Kountze,Texas
It's been years since I messed around with an FTA dish but I thought I'd try it again. Getting ready to re-mount my old stuff, the 36" Fortec Star dish with motor and Invacom Quad LNB. Have a Fortec Star Platinum receiver and also a Sonicview 360 Elite receiver. Will probably be on G19 mostly. Is my stuff too out of date to use?

There are no DVB-S2 transponders on G19, but there are some MPEG4 channels. No, I don't remember what ones right now, sorry.

What you have, will work for most of the channels on G19 Ku. If you want to see stuff on other birds, you will need to upgrade your receiver. :)

Reactions: danristheman
The Manhattan RC-1978 Is just now coming out. It could have some 'teething' problems to begin with.(Seems most new receivers do) Or it might be awesome from day one.

The LinkBox 9000i and 9000i local are pretty darn good at this point in time .. but not without a few quirks. Also a bit more costly. (Approx $180 and $200) I'm running a 9000i ATM.

The GeoSatPro Micro HD was a good'un (at approx $100 new)...but now discontinued. You MIGHT find a used one from a trustworthy source. Most people are hanging on to their Micro Hd's if they are in good condition.

There are a few cheaper Chinese receivers, but some will not receive Dolby Audio. At least one is a hack box that can not even be discussed in the forum.

There are other receivers but I know nothing about them. I'm sure other members will jump in with more suggestions. :)

Good luck with what ever you decide!

It took me most of the day to get a decent signal. Ended up changing the LNB to a $10 X2 I bought from Amazon but I'm not sure that was the problem. Got 186 channels from G19 and 9 from G3C pretty easily. May try a few more and tweak the alignment. What about the Freesat V7 receiver ??

Went ahead and ordered a Manhattan RC-1978. Somebody has to be the guinea pig.
I have 3 foot dishes here, i have no boxes was going to take them to big ebay seller and take a small cut time to clean out my place i'm totally burned out on satellite sure i made a living from it, that's why i'm burned out really never made a good living, wish the internet was around, I spend to much on newspaper ads

It took me most of the day to get a decent signal. Ended up changing the LNB to a $10 X2 I bought from Amazon but I'm not sure that was the problem. Got 186 channels from G19 and 9 from G3C pretty easily. May try a few more and tweak the alignment. What about the Freesat V7 receiver ??

I have two of the V7's and the audio stutters on some channels on Galaxy 19. I have two V8 Golden's and they work great. No stuttering on those channels. You can get those on EBay from China for $59.99, no shipping. Happy hunting. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts