Took the leap!..or small step?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crimefighter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Well guys I made the jump, as I promised myself, I decided to order a FTA today. Closed my eyes, picked a dealer and ordered a Pansat 2700a. Decided to stay with that choice because I have several Lnbs that require a servo drive. I figured on trying whatever I have and add to or replace items as needed. Even decided to plant another dish so maybe I could make a dedicated Ku 8 or 10 ft if everything works out. THANKS to all of you that over the past year or so who posted info and recently answered some of my posts.

I just looked over your previous thread to see if everything was resolved.
I guess it seems so.

When you get your equipment in and start hooking it up, you know we're here for more help as you may need it.
Sounds like you're pretty well on your way, though, but that doesn't mean you have to be a stranger.

We're always happy to see some nice dish-pictures...<hint>... so keep that in mind! - :up

Just got confirmation that the FTA should be delivered UPS today...grass mowing and such stuff will have to wait now...I have Sat work to do!!!.....Having ordered and now getting ready to install makes me feel more like a true member...Yes Anole, I took the hint...pictures to follow once I get up and running, of course that will be an experience too, I dont do much of this uploading thing...Any suggestions on the first Sat to look at? something with a really strong c band maybe? Ill have to start C anyway and move to Ku later......thanks

Congrats Crimefighter on your entry to our hobby. We will help guide you through your setup process and learning curve of satellite technology.

G16 is a nice strong satellite to start with. Is your dish motorized or stationary?
This will help us get you pointed in the right direction.

The Pansat 2700A is a good little box. I've had mine for a year and a half now and it's been a good source of many hours of enjoyment. Passes raw SPDIF to an AC-3 surround sound receiver very well for AC-3 audio channels also.

Any suggestions on the first Sat to look at? something with a really strong c band maybe? Ill have to start C anyway and move to Ku later......thanks

if its a fixed dish
G16 (G4 at 99W)
G11 (91W)
IA13 (121W)

all have a fair amount of stuff on there

The first dish line will be a 10 ft Echostar mesh with a echostar lnb 950ib at 40deg K. mounted on a fixed Chaparrel feed horn. I know thats hign noise for digital but it is already on the dish and it worked fantasticly for analog. This dish will be moved buy a super jack. Some of the other dishs I have avalible right here at home are a 7.5ft "Country TV"? mesh and an unknown 12ft mesh that I think is a Uni-mesh. I cant get to that lnb at the moment. I other lnbs including 20deg 63db Calif amp on an adj scalar ring feed horn, a 20 deg unknown brand, an Eagle Turbo 20deg 62db lnbf with an adj scalar. I plan to move the dish using a manually operated Uniden Ust 710 controller. The only working C analog reciever I have currently is a "Country Tv?" Also have several VCII boxes and a couple of descrambles from General electric. There are a couple of set ups I have not brought home yet one of which is a 10ft fiberglass. I understand I have a Primestar waiting for me too. COME on UPS!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts