Toon West is on

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is a waist. In the age of DVR's who needs a west channel any more. The only thing I could see the use of a west channel would be for the major networks for prime time programming that you may not be able to record.

This is a waist. In the age of DVR's who needs a west channel any more. The only thing I could see the use of a west channel would be for the major networks for prime time programming that you may not be able to record.

I don't think west coast channels are a waste. Most of us here probably have one or several DVRs but in fact but most people still don't. Plus there are times when a west coast channel can resolve recording conflicts if you have 3 things you want to record at the same time or if for some reason your DVR only has one tuner active.

I know that when I was recording all 6 Star Wars movies from Max/HBO the west channels did come in handy since there was a time when trying to record one of the movies I couldn't because I already had 2 things scheduled to record.

Last edited:
Not everyone has a dvr and we see alot of people on these sights whining that we dont get all of the hbo's including the west ones in hd

Not everyone has a dvr and we see alot of people on these sights whining that we dont get all of the hbo's including the west ones in hd

i agree. i don't mind the addition of west coast channels as long as we're getting additional national hd's. That's why i have a problem with this addition today. they're doing things backwards. Put a few more hd channels that we don't have,that people want and then add these west coast feeds.

i agree. i don't mind the addition of west coast channels as long as we're getting additional national hd's. That's why i have a problem with this addition today. they're doing things backwards. Put a few more hd channels that we don't have,that people want and then add these west coast feeds.

Note that this channel isn't HD so it isn't there in place of other national HD channels.

Yeah, West channels are great for resolving recording conflicts and what not when you have more then two programs coinciding with each other. Also if you don't have a DVR, they would come in handy!

Note that this channel isn't HD so it isn't there in place of other national HD channels.

DirecTV resources, specifically the time of at least one employee, went into working out a deal with TW to carry this channel. They should have used these resources to ink deals for other channels, meaning HD channels. TW also owns HBO. So, they could have inked a deal to carry all 26 HBO/MAX HD channels (instead of the 4 they carry) and this West Coast Cartoon Network could have been a line item in that deal. Not the deal itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)