Top 10 Football Factories

Just goes to show you how much The "U" produces pros.....for 14 straight years, The U has had a player picked in the 1st round...I would have to check but I think no other school has that kind of streak.:cool:

I'm not sure, but I would think that Ohio State would be pretty close.

Every once in a while maybe not, because of like this year they didn't send too many because most are younger ....

edit : After looking it up, the Buckeyes failed the first round pick status in '02, '03, and '05, but still has a pretty good list of players going to the NFL.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/pd...448330&SPID=10408&DB_OEM_ID=17300&SPSID=87743

Jimbo

The MAC conference is suprisingly well represented in the NFL. Big Ben in Pittsburgh being the most recent high-profile one. As for why it made the list, who knows.

I would have to argue that Josh Cribbs is the most recent high profile from the MAC.

A few other notables from the MAC.....

Doug Gabriel - WR - Central Florida
Asante Samuel - CB - Central Florida
Troy Brown - WR - Marshall Thundering Herd
Byron Leftwich - QB - Marshall Thundering Herd
Randy Moss - WR - Marshall Thundering Herd
Chad Pennington - QB - Marshall Thundering Herd
Kelly Herndon - CB - Toledo Rockets
Chester Taylor - RB - Toledo Rockets
Michael Turner - RB - Northern Illinois Huskies
Justin McCareins - WR - Northern Illinois Huskies
Ben Rothlisberger - QB - Miami RedHawks
Antonio Gates - TE - Kent State Golden Flashes
Joshua Cribbs - WR/ST/QB - Kent State Golden Flashes
James Harrison - LB - Kent State Golden Flashes
Charlie Batch - QB - Eastern Michigan Eagles
Jason Taylor- DE- Akron Zips
Dave Zastudil - P - Ohio Bobcats

Last edited:
Daunte Culpepper - QB - Central Florida.......... They weren't in the MAC when he was there... not even division 1A if I remember correctly

Daunte Culpepper - QB - Central Florida.......... They weren't in the MAC when he was there... not even division 1A if I remember correctly

You are correct Sir.

UCF Football was Division-1A from 1996-2001. From 2002-2004, they joined the MAC. From 2005-present, UCF is now a member of C-USA. Culpepper was drafted in 1999, so technically his team wasn't in the MAC at the time. Edited previous post to correct error......

Well the OP DID say historically.

Recently, the barn has done very well, honestly (as an Alabama fan) I would rather auburn win every game they play until they play us (which hasnt turned out so well for me lately:(). What fun is there in beating your rival if they suck?

We are getting there though, the Tide is turning!!!!!:D

I agree in the mid and late 90s UF vs FSU was the game to see for any gator or nole fan... Now its one of those "Certain wins" for UF.

Not many Buckeye got drafted this year either, of course most of them are sophmores and freshmen with a few Jr's as well, not many Sr's on last years team.

Only 3 guys went that I know of Gholston (DL) and Barton (OL) and Larry Grant (OLB).

Jimbo

I think it's kind of weird that other schools in Alabama had kids drafted and not them.
Why is it weird? Some of the other schools simply had players that had a better upside at the pro level, or didnt have the attitude problems that this years crop did from Bama. It happens from time to time.

Why is it weird? Some of the other schools simply had players that had a better upside at the pro level, or didnt have the attitude problems that this years crop did from Bama. It happens from time to time.

Being a high school baseball coach....people don't realize that regardless of what sport, sometimes there really isn't a drop off competively from a big school to a small division II or III school. Alot of the kids DON'T wanna go to junior college so they go to a samll school. I know down here, when it comes to baseball....The U is the king of the hill...but schools like FIU, FAMU and FAU give Miami ALL they can handle when they play each other. These kids know each other very welcome.
So it is no surprise that other smaller schools have as many if not sometimes MORE players go to the pros.....regardless of the sport.

Cedric Benson Busted in Texas

The Celtics will lose to the Hawks- I believe it will happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts