'Torchwood'

"Torchwood" is a lot of fun, albeit in a different vein than "Who."

Hopefully, this spells a shot at more offshore content, especially considering that The Beeb, Sky and the other networks in the UK do a LOT of HD content. I'd love to see Life on Mars and Spooks. Add to that some decent content from Canada (Corner Gas anyone?) and Australia, and I'll really be impressed.

Mhking:

Corner Gas is on Super WGN and they'll show a sneak peek of it on Sep. 10th, tomorrow. Not sure if it's in HD though.

After seeing the first episode, I thought it was great, with exception of the language.

If I'm going to put myself in a sci-fi fantasy universe for an hour, I want it to be a universe where people don't feel obliged to drop F-bombs all over the place (the F-bombs were cut out but it was still bleepin' obvious what they were).

I liked Cap'n Jack's line about wanting to find the "right sort of Doctor" to cure his immortality.

Pepper - I did warn all of you that it is Adult .

I'll also reiterate that - IMHO - it goes downhill - some very standard SF/Horror plots that have been used for a thousand TV series (think "Monster of the Week" like the worst X-Files episodes). The "Torchwood" story itself pops up only about 10% of the time.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that the writer of the first episode then went back to writing Doctor Who episodes...

I watched it last night (from a DVR). I need to watch it again without being distracted.

I don't know. I guess I need to let it grow on me.

Sorry, but the first episode is the best episode.

Most of the remaining episodes are written by seemingly random authors, who paste the Torchwood characters into otherwise standard scif-fi stories, with cliched plots and characters.

Gay guys and women tend to like it, irrespective of plot or story...

Season 2 is actually going to be airing on BBC America starting January 26th. Quite surprising since it premieres in the UK only 10 days earlier.

Season 2 is actually going to be airing on BBC America starting January 26th. Quite surprising since it premieres in the UK only 10 days earlier.

With illegal downloads easily available, it makes perfect sense. SciFi still hasn't figured this out with them airing Stargate Atlantis and Doctor Who later than anyone else....

SciFi fans tend to be more tech savvy than their lemming neighbors who only watch what cable TV makes available to them live (MAYBE give 'em a Tivo if they are ahead of the curve).

By releasing it within a week of their Brit counterparts, you cut down on the incentive to find it elsewhere....

I'm surprised more shows don't move to global launch dates within the same week to beat this.....

Note that the BBC (UK) is airing special PG versions the day after the adult versions.

It seems likely that BBC America will be using the PG versions as the starting point for their shortened-to-fit-the-time-slot versions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts