Toshiba 40SL412 - VIP622 - Remote programming- only works for power

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jkosters

Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Rochester, NY
I have gone through all of the Toshiba codes and while several work to switch power on and off, none of these codes will control volume, mute or menu. I have tried the scan feature but both my thumbs got tired...... Do you know of a specific code that will work for more than just power?

Thanks in advance

Possible cause is the auto back-lighting feature of your TV. There are MANY reports that is causes interference with Dish remotes. Try turning it and any other auto brightness controls off and see what happens. The is also a work-around involving taping the sensor, but I can not recall it exactly. Someone else will hopefully chime in.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the 21.0 remote (Dishnetwork folks tell me is only for the VIP722). I believe my remote (not at home) is the 6.4.

Possible cause is the auto back-lighting feature of your TV. There are MANY reports that is causes interference with Dish remotes. Try turning it and any other auto brightness controls off and see what happens. The is also a work-around involving taping the sensor, but I can not recall it exactly. Someone else will hopefully chime in.

Thanks!! I will try this later when I get home and let you know.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the 21.0 remote (Dishnetwork folks tell me is only for the VIP722). I believe my remote (not at home) is the 6.4.

They told you wrong. It will work with a 622.

KAB is right, the 21.0 will work with a 622 just fine

In regards to your original problem, unfortunately we can not guarantee a remote will have full functionality with non-DISH equipment

Nearly all recent Toshiba TVs use the same codes. If you find power, then vol/mute will also work. Perhaps you have set volume lock or volume punch thru to another device. HERE's more than you'll ever want to know about toshiba tv codes (this info won't help you with the dish remote directly, but will help if you use some other remote to teach it). FWIW, the $15 RCA RCRP05B will control absolutely every function of your dish box and toshiba tv. It also has learning and macros and is programmable from a computer with an optional cable. If you go that route, I can also post the toshiba codes for additional functions like netflix, yahoo, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)