tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

Then I would have even MORE respect for him. As terrible as this bull**** rule is, that is the ONLY alternative he really has. The folks in Columbus might have fallen for this fluff article in a COLUMBUS newspaper...but not the rest of the country nor the rest of the national media. And after following The U since day one, perception IS everything.

Of course not, it's not YOUR team.

It's the hypocrisy of all of this ! There are rules, special rules, exceptions to the rules, etc, etc.

What would be real interesting is are the players allowed to sell the "gifts" they receive from approved people or companies or sponsors ??? :D

Good point as I'm sure PLENTY of players have all across the county, but it's NOT ok if the Bucks do something that others do.

No one in 'the bus' has fallen for anything !! If anything, they're saying "Coach had better not make them sit out!". People in Columbus a) think the players should have the right to do what they want with their stuff and b) think the punishment is too severe.

If you own a plaque, jewlery or whatever, is it not your RIGHT to sell it if you want ?

If you ready earlier....I did the same thing these kids did and I think the rule sucks elephant piss! BUT, I KNEW I was wrong and I accepted the punishment. The RULE, regardless of how crappy it is...is there and it's a rule. THEY broke it and they are lucky they ahev reported this much. I am will to bet it was more than what it being reported. They getting only the 5 games is due to the great lobbying by the university and the conference because of the $$$$.

Actually it should have been 4 games and they added a game because they didn't come right out and admit it.
If you were in thier shoes and just sold something so you had a little money, the first thing your gonna do is run to tell the NCAA ? Get real.

Personally, I can't wait till next year ... I want to see this new QB does, he's suppose to be much better than Pryor.
As for the RB's, well be fine, have a lot of them.
Losing Possy will will be huge, the other starter at WR is already a SR, so he'll be gone, they will be very new at WR.

Actually it should have been 4 games and they added a game because they didn't come right out and admit it.
If you were in thier shoes and just sold something so you had a little money, the first thing your gonna do is run to tell the NCAA ? Get real.

Dude. Of course not, because no one says a thing unless they get caught. They are getting off easy because of the lobby of the greedy university and conference. ANYONE else doing the same would be losing their eligibility. Hell, I even posted from an article that there was heavy lobbying by both the university and the conference.

As sh!tty as the rule is....they broke the sh!tty rule. And they got off easy due to lobbying....

EDIT: The caption I posted came from an article YOU posted! See post #210

Dude. Of course not, because no one says a thing unless they get caught. They are getting off easy because of the lobby of the greedy university and conference. ANYONE else doing the same would be losing their eligibility. Hell, I even posted from an article that there was heavy lobbying by both the university and the conference.

As sh!tty as the rule is....they broke the sh!tty rule. And they got off easy due to lobbying....

Your OBVIOUSLY reading into it what you want, First of all the Lobbing issue was started by the person in charge of the SUGAR BOWL, not the university or the conference, all though I'm sure they lobbied hard when the SUGAR BOWL came out asking for help.

EDIT: The caption I posted came from an article YOU posted! See post #210

Salsa, the only lobbying being done is to play in the Sugar Bowl. The 5 games is on par with the Georgia player's 4 games that was served this year. They have 5 games right now but it will most likely be dropped to 4 games if any of them come back.

Good point as I'm sure PLENTY of players have all across the county, but it's NOT ok if the Bucks do something that others do.

It's not OK for anybody to do this right now. The only thing that happened is they were caught.

If you own a plaque, jewlery or whatever, is it not your RIGHT to sell it if you want ?

Yes you do have the right, but if you sign an agreement that states you will follow a set of rules, you lose your rights to do that unless you want to be punished.

Salsa, the only lobbying being done is to play in the Sugar Bowl. The 5 games is on par with the Georgia player's 4 games that was served this year. They have 5 games right now but it will most likely be dropped to 4 games if any of them come back.

What I meant was they SHOULD have included the bowl game.

I am going to be honest. If I am a big key to this team, I would MUCH rather sit out the bowl game if it means I can play the first 5 games of next season. Sugar Bowl win vs possible national title berth...think about it ;) . Although after Miami's performance yesterday, you should be scared of OSU without Pryor next season Salsa! :O

I am going to be honest. If I am a big key to this team, I would MUCH rather sit out the bowl game if it means I can play the first 5 games of next season. Sugar Bowl win vs possible national title berth...think about it ;) . Although after Miami's performance yesterday, you should be scared of OSU without Pryor next season Salsa! :O

Not worried about Ohio State at all. The Miami team you saw yesterday will NOT be the same one when OSU comes to Miami. I guarantee that!:D;):cool:

Curiously, I don't recall seeing a thread like this when Cam Newtons scandel was happening or when he wass ineleigible for the SEC Championship game, which once again was a determination made by the NCAA to allow him to play .... of course Money was involved again.

Cam not playing would have cost a ton of money.

You bring up some interesting thoughts....
1st of all, since when does any ESPN guys stand up for Tressel ? The best known guy on ESPN for College game , never has said a positive thing about the school since he's left, why should he start now.

Dr Lou is one that comes to mind. Others that are expressing the same opinion and are in the same camp, they have no axe to grind against tOSU. (If you are talking about that dickweed Herbie, does anybody care what he says about anything? I think he is the "troll" of ESPN and listen to him and value his opinions almost as much as that bald moron who is the self-appointed expert about basketball (can't remember his name.) He couldn't get me to buy gold bars for $1 each.)

Will you be here to post your reply when the players DO return next year and NOT bolt to the Pros ? Doubtful that anyone here would have the integrity to stand up and admit it.

Sure will be here, Lord willing. :) I hope that they do, but with the $$$$ these guys could be getting in the NFL, why should they? No reason that I can see.

And your third point is even better ..... Yup, it's against the rules to have money and sell YOUR items to HAVE some money, buit it's OK for them yo get Thousands of dollars from Bowl prizes ?????

How is this allowed NCAA ????

Hypocrisy at its finest, the kind that can only be supplied by the NCAA.

Personally, I think they can cure all this by two things:

1) Taxing college sports like any other business. They are no longer about anything academic, no more than a NFL or NBA franchise, so let the IRS and Congress go after them.

2) Pay the players and clean up the rules. Delete the ones like the tOSU players are having to deal with now. Keep only the ones that pertain to the game.

If you ready earlier....I did the same thing these kids did and I think the rule sucks elephant piss! BUT, I KNEW I was wrong and I accepted the punishment. The RULE, regardless of how crappy it is...is there and it's a rule. THEY broke it and they are lucky they have reported this much. I am willing to bet it was more than what it being reported. They getting only the 5 games is due to the great lobbying by the university and the conference because of the $$$$.

Agree 100% with everything here.

As do I. Its a rule and they know its just like holding, hits to the head, etc. in that it doesn't really matter if they like it or not, it is a rule. If you break the rules, get caught, you get penalized, they all know that.

Curiously, I don't recall seeing a thread like this when Cam Newtons scandel was happening or when he wass ineleigible for the SEC Championship game.

Umm, probably because, for all the after-the-fact disagreement with the rules Outlaw State and all of the other schools agreed to abide by and the after-the-fact "they are all 'fascists' " and other such spew, the NCAA could not pin anything directly on Newton.

While up north, Outlaw State's players have been caught and after being caught ADMITTED to being cheaters.

Let us review:

Schools caught cheating:

Outlaw State.

Umm, probably because, for all the after-the-fact disagreement with the rules Outlaw State and all of the other schools agreed to abide by and the after-the-fact "they are all 'fascists' " and other such spew, the NCAA could not pin anything directly on Newton.

While up north, Outlaw State's players have been caught and after being caught ADMITTED to being cheaters.

Let us review:

Schools caught cheating:

Outlaw State.

Care to put your first paragraph in English ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts