Total Home DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrawls2

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I searched through the posts and couldn't find all of the answers to my questions so if this has been addressed already I apologize.

I currently have Choice Xtra + HD DVR package with one HR-20 and three D-11 receivers.

To get the total home dvr installed in my home what am I looking at as far as costs and needing new receivers in concerned?

My contract has expired and I have been offered a free upgrade to an additional hd/dvr receiver but haven't done it yet to avoid extending contract.I want to have HD on another tv in my house that is currently hooked up via a D-11 receiver. Will I be able to view HD with the total home package?

Thanks in advance.

you will need at least 1 more hd receiver ... Whole Home DVR only works with HD boxes. best best if they will give you a free hd and a discount on the second.

you will need at least 1 more hd receiver ... Whole Home DVR only works with HD boxes. best best if they will give you a free hd and a discount on the second.

If I got a free one from directv to go along with the hr-20 that I already have why would I need another one?

The MRV won't work on the D 11's you currently have.
IF they give you a HR24 and your keeping the HR20 ?
Yes you can use it that way, but you'll still need to be changed over to a SWiM LNB as well as the rest of the equipment required to make it all work.
You'll need a DECA set up for the HR20 too.
Don't forget there's a $ 3 p/m charge as well.

The MRV won't work on the D 11's you currently have.
IF they give you a HR24 and your keeping the HR20 ?
Yes you can use it that way, but you'll still need to be changed over to a SWiM LNB as well as the rest of the equipment required to make it all work.
You'll need a DECA set up for the HR20 too.
Don't forget there's a $ 3 p/m charge as well.

What if I only want total home dvr in 2 rooms? The other 2 rooms could still have the D-11's b/c one is a guest room and other is an office which don't get much watching anyways. Could I get the HR-24 from D* then keep regular service to the other 2 boxes?

What if I only want total home dvr in 2 rooms? The other 2 rooms could still have the D-11's b/c one is a guest room and other is an office which don't get much watching anyways. Could I get the HR-24 from D* then keep regular service to the other 2 boxes?

Yes :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)