Total loss of OTA and "other" problems...

MrWhoa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Ok. Since my Voom install on the 21st of last month things have been super. In the past several days however I have suffered from a RASH of problems. Im running a 51" Sony HD and Im connected to the stb via DVI cable. This setup has worked great... until now.

1. TOTAL loss of ALL OTA. They were fine... Now they are gone. They all show up in the programing guide, but if I try to tune to them it damn near locks up the box. It takes 25-30 seconds for the remote imput to be responded to by the stb...

2. Constant Blackouts every 2-3 min on most HD channels... This sometimes includes loss of audio, sometimes just the audio goes... ETC.

3. When I was getting all the blackouts last night, I decided to check the sig str in the voom menus... Once I got to that part of the menus there were NO readings on anything, and then the box got all flustered like when Im trying to tune my OTA's. I.E taking 20+ seconds to respond to remote imput. after waiting SEVERAL minutes the sig strength came up and said low 80's... Usually it's 96ish, and there was not a cloud in the sky. OTA never showed up with a signal str value.

I wont even get into the problems Im having with exteranous comments from the GF about "Voom sucks, why did you get rid of cable!" :(

Have you tried unplugging the Voom box for a couple minutes? Anytime I have experienced slow downs with the box or really screwing things happening, a hard reboot has fixed it. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)