Trading in a 311 Reciever for VIP222

ethen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
I currently have a VIP622 on the Family Room TV (& Basement) and a 311 on one Bedroom TV. I am thinking about Exchanging the 311 for a VIP222 once I get an HD for the Bedroom. This would also allow me to have a second TV Upstairs.

Questions:
Will Dish Allow me to do the Trade in without another contract?

If they do the Trade in Can I install it?

What are the Advantages to Purchasing my Own from one of the Sponsers?

Thanks,

Tom

I currently have a VIP622 on the Family Room TV (& Basement) and a 311 on one Bedroom TV. I am thinking about Exchanging the 311 for a VIP222 once I get an HD for the Bedroom. This would also allow me to have a second TV Upstairs.

Questions:
Will Dish Allow me to do the Trade in without another contract?

No. This would be done under "Dishing it up". Comes with an 18 month extention.

If they do the Trade in Can I install it?

No. A service tech will come out and install the new one, take away your old one and send it in.

What are the Advantages to Purchasing my Own from one of the Sponsers?

No commitment, you can install yourself. That's it. But your out the cost of the receiver.

I've never leased anything from E*. Been a sub for 10 years or so. I just could never get past the idea of renting, committments and what not. I paid dishstore.net $288 for a VIP222 and could not be happier (Claude & company are the best!). Keeping my monthly charges as low as possible makes me sleep better, even though I know that to re-coup my investment takes a while.

dahenny,

Does that mean they will deduct the $5 for additional receiver off my Bill since I would own the VIP222?

I have never owned my own equipment with Dish before.

Thanks,

Tom

dahenny,

Does that mean they will deduct the $5 for additional receiver off my Bill since I would own the VIP222?

I have never owned my own equipment with Dish before.

Thanks,

Tom
Wether you own or lease you pay for additional receivers on your account the name of the payment changes but you still contribute $5 to Charlies profit and loss. There is no advantage to owning over leasing except that you can sell the receiver in the future IF there is a market for it.:)

There is one big advantage in leasing. You can then get a DVR instead just tuners at a reasonable price. You would love a 622/722.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)