Transfer Timers

Sharper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Any way to transfer timers between receivers? I'm not worried about moving recordings to a new receiver (I tend to watch and not save), but I've been putting off getting one of my 622's replaced to fix the hdmi output because I don't want to spend the time remembering and recreating all the timers I have setup.

Most of my timers are for programs that aren't currently showing episodes, so it's a hassle to try to remember when a new season of something is starting in order to set a new timer for it on a new box.

I don't think there's any way of doing it with the 622. It would be nice however if Dish engineers would implement a command in the system menu that would allow us to save all personalized settings, such as configuration options and timers, to a file on a USB pen drive that could be used to transfer settings to another machine.

No way

I found out today when I tried to get a new 722K to work that it is not possible to get your timers transferred to it from either a 622 or 722. The only models that will do that are the new K suffix models can do this. So get a pad and pen and starting writing them down to manually input into the new model.

Rather than use a pad and pen, I logged onto my DVR online and looked at the timers and schedule there. You can then do printouts or screen captures of the timers. Make sure to get them all and sort them in a way that makes it easiest to follow along to enter them on the new receiver. Once you deactivate your old receiver, you will no longer be able to access it online.

Another option is to connect the old receiver to a different TV (or tuner for picture in picture) while the new receiver is connected to another TV. I have picture-in-pictured the settings and it was easy to follow along that way.

I just had to replace my 722 and I took pictures of the timer screen with my digital camera. I transferred the images to my computer and printed the photos out. Wish there was an easier way to do it.

what would be nice would be if you could back them up to your dish online account kind of like verizon does with your contact book. I know they could do it since you can see them online.

Come on Dish.

Weren't they supposed to be producing new remotes that could not only store your remote configuration on the DVR, but store your DVR configuration on the remote as well? I thought this was supposed to be implemented for the 622 as well as the 722 series.

Yes & No

Weren't they supposed to be producing new remotes that could not only store your remote configuration on the DVR, but store your DVR configuration on the remote as well? I thought this was supposed to be implemented for the 622 as well as the 722 series.

The new remotes come with the new units that have a K at the end of them. But they will not store the timers from the 622 & 722 units. It has to do with the fact the new K units are 2 way with the receivers. This was explained to me by advanced tech dept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts