Transferring dvr timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DanM64

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2013
Mokena, IL
I'm getting my 922 and 722k replaced with 2 HWS today. I was wondering if there was any way to transfer the dvr timers from the 722k and 922 over to the Hopper, or do I just have to reprogram manually?

I have 1 WD 2TB EHD to transfer the actual recordings from the 922. Am I able to hook it up to the 722k and back uo those recordings as well, or will it prompt to reformat, thus requiring a 2nd EHD?

Sorry for all the questions! I've had my 922 since it first came out, and I know how to work it well, but the EHD thing is completely new to me.

Use your present remotes to back up your timers. Then when you are installed, simply restore from the same remotes.... Plug your EHD into the 722 and it should recognize it. If it asks to format, say no.

Unfortunately for the timers you'll need to reprogram. You can use one EHD for both receivers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Unfortunately for the timers you'll need to reprogram. You can use one EHD for both receivers.

He's got a 722K, it has a back up remote. The 722 did not. I'm really guessing that the 922 has a backup remote also...

He's got a 722K, it has a back up remote. The 722 did not. I'm really guessing that the 922 has a backup remote also...

They aren't compatible with different models. 722k backups only work on 722ks, 922 backups only work on 922s, Hopper backups on Hoppers.

I just saved all my timers the old fashioned way- I wrote them down ;-). I didn't know the remote could save the info, though. That's good to know if I ever need a Hopper replacement. Thanks!
They aren't compatible with different models. 722k backups only work on 722ks, 922 backups only work on 922s, Hopper backups on Hoppers.

Please don't confuse the issue. The 722 and Hopper content backups are totally compatible. The 722 has no timer backup. There is a possible problem with the metadata transfer to the Hopper but it would be OK if played directly from the EHD, AFAIK. My only problem is with the Hopper and date/time recorded. I have play several TB from 722 to Hopper and HwS.
-Ken

Please don't confuse the issue. The 722 and Hopper content backups are totally compatible. The 722 has no timer backup. There is a possible problem with the metadata transfer to the Hopper but it would be OK if played directly from the EHD, AFAIK. My only problem is with the Hopper and date/time recorded. I have play several TB from 722 to Hopper and HwS.
-Ken

I think that you're mistaken in your interpretation of my statement. To clarify, 722k remote backups only work on 722ks, 922 remote backups only work on 922s, Hopper remote backups are only compatible with Hopper remote backups.

Well, I transferred timers from Hopper to HwS. So yes Hopper timer backups are compatible between H2000 and HwS.
It does seem likely that 722k timers are not compatible with either Hopper.
Yes, I also wrote them down for 722 to H2000 (required) and H2000 to HwS, where I make 2 copies in remotes and needed 2nd.

-Ken

I have a still have a 722k, definitely not possible to transfer 722k timers to Hopper. Yep, H2k/HwS backups are cross-compatible. When I swapped out a H2k for a HwS I did it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts