Transferring recorded shows stored on EHD to EHD on new acct number?

haloguy628

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Highlands Ranch CO
I had two Dish accounts. One at my house and one in condo that we own. We just rented the condo and the tenant will go with Comcast. So I had to cancel my home acct as that was out of contract, and transferred the condo acct which was under contract to my house.

Problem is, I have nine seasons of Formula 1 recorded and stored on EHD from the account that had to be cancelled. When I connected the EHD to the Hopper which is on the former condo acct I get message that the EHD has to be formatted and that everything on it will be lost.

Is there a way to save the recordings by transferring them to the new acct? If not, is there a way to convert the files to mp4 or other compatible format that I can play on non-Dish player (PC, Dune)?

Unfortunately, no way to transfer recordings between accounts. As for converting it, there may be ways, but that type of discussion isn't allowed here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

You can play them back and record them in real time, assuming you still have the account active. But if not, I don't think Dish has provided any means whereby you can get at the recordings on an EHD of a cancelled account.

The old acct was cancelled last Thursday, but I still have the 922 it was recorded on as Dish did not send the return boxes yet. Will it play on the 922 without being connected to Dish, and is there any way to transfer it that way?

Will it play on the 922 without being connected to Dish, and is there any way to transfer it that way?

Well, it doesn't hurt to try and see if you can get it to play back. The only way that might work is if you unplugged the receiver from the dish before you cancelled. But it is my understanding that a receiver disconnected from the antenna will not receive authorization to use an EHD. If the account has been cancelled, it will never receive that authorization even if you reconnect it.

Many of the races are posted in torrents. You may be able to get them that way. Often they are the British broadcasts and have fewer, if any, commerciaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts