Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mansour

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Hi:

I have a CaptiveWorks Satellite receiver as well as a Samsung one:

- On Samsung, there is a setup called SMATV and wonder what that is and how that relates to other transponders - it receives some SMATV channels on it. Is SMATV a transponder? If so, what are its frequencies, symbol rates, etc?

Once the above question is answered, how can I receive SMATV on the CaptiveWorks?

- Finally, where can I get all the Transponder information (frequency, symbol rate, etc.) for Telestar5 (I have some factory default ones that may not be a complete list)?

Hi:

I have a CaptiveWorks Satellite receiver as well as a Samsung one:

- On Samsung, there is a setup called SMATV and wonder what that is and how that relates to other transponders - it receives some SMATV channels on it. Is SMATV a transponder? If so, what are its frequencies, symbol rates, etc?
SMATV is a somewhat "blind scan". You can put in symbol rates and it will find all the transponders with that symbol rate. So as an example, I put in 3978 as a symbol rate and select AMC5 and it will find all active transpnoders with a symbol rate of 3978. Only drawback is it doesn't find any other symbol rates

Once the above question is answered, how can I receive SMATV on the CaptiveWorks?
you can't. The Captiveworks doesnt have blind scan sadly

- Finally, where can I get all the Transponder information (frequency, symbol rate, etc.) for Telestar5 (I have some factory default ones that may not be a complete list)?

http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html

Thank you for all the help :up

I have 2 related questions about CaptiveWorks. What the serial interface to it and what is it used for (I could not get much information from the user manual)? Are there any (better) interface software that can be installed on the device?

Also, if I want to make the antenna motorized, where can I get more information about the procedures.

Thank you. :hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Channel Master 1,8 m or 2,4 m offset

no clue!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)