transponder question on 99W C-band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I've noticed on 99W (C-Band) I can get the Mux @ 3845/H/8700 Fox-Missouri, METV and Movies comes in very strong, when I scan however in search of the Virgin Isles NBC, This and Cozi from PR @ 3811/H/8030 can not pick up ( I have in the past and it's tricky on my 8 footer). I do pick up a transponder @ 3811/V/15000 SR. but no picture with the name GDMX.
are the Virgin Island and PR channels still up? is the symbal rate 8030 I think lynsat says so.
Thanks!

when I scan however in search of the Virgin Isles NBC, This and Cozi from PR @ 3811/H/8030 can not pick up ( I have in the past and it's tricky on my 8 footer).
are the Virgin Island and PR channels still up? is the symbal rate 8030 I think lynsat says so.
Thanks!
dfecarter Yes that transponder is still there. I get it @ 3811 H 8030. I watched it just a few minutes ago. It's weak on my 10 foot Winegard Pinnacle however ...... Q is 50% on my AZBOX. Most other channels on that sat are 90% Q.

Reactions: hank123
It's weak but I get it on 3813 H 8029 (pilot on) with a quality of 40% on my AZbox, 8 1/2 foot fiberglass dish with the Titanium LNBF. Other transponders are booming.

Carl

You know I stumbled upon the 5 chs. I picked up from the Mux a couple months ago. So 3 days ago when I found them I was only getting audio from them ,actually only 4 were in the clear, the 5th ch. was scrambled. Last night I looked again and found intermittent video as well. And for some reason, today the video and audio signal has locked in. There's a This Ch. which I like, cozi from PR the VI NBC which broadcasts NBC 4 at 11pm. and another ch. which seemed to have a infomercial going. Signal today was strongest between 50-70% on my X2.
Say Clucas, what do you mean by "pilot" on ?

The pilot symbols are data used to synchronize a DVBS2 carrier. Most STBs have an auto pilot function, so it is not usually necessary to input this parameter unless the receiver has a user defined field in the transponder menu.

Reactions: KE4EST
You know I stumbled upon the 5 chs. I picked up from the Mux a couple months ago. So 3 days ago when I found them I was only getting audio from them ,actually only 4 were in the clear, the 5th ch. was scrambled. Last night I looked again and found intermittent video as well. And for some reason, today the video and audio signal has locked in. There's a This Ch. which I like, cozi from PR the VI NBC which broadcasts NBC 4 at 11pm. and another ch. which seemed to have a infomercial going. Signal today was strongest between 50-70% on my X2.
Say Clucas, what do you mean by "pilot" on ?

Titanium is right. My AZbox has the option. My GeosatPro does not. It depends on the receiver. If I turn it off on the AZ, I don't get a signal on this mix.

Carl

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts