transponder question on 99W C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I've noticed on 99W (C-Band) I can get the Mux @ 3845/H/8700 Fox-Missouri, METV and Movies comes in very strong, when I scan however in search of the Virgin Isles NBC, This and Cozi from PR @ 3811/H/8030 can not pick up ( I have in the past and it's tricky on my 8 footer). I do pick up a transponder @ 3811/V/15000 SR. but no picture with the name GDMX.
are the Virgin Island and PR channels still up? is the symbal rate 8030 I think lynsat says so.
Thanks!

when I scan however in search of the Virgin Isles NBC, This and Cozi from PR @ 3811/H/8030 can not pick up ( I have in the past and it's tricky on my 8 footer).
are the Virgin Island and PR channels still up? is the symbal rate 8030 I think lynsat says so.
Thanks!
dfecarter Yes that transponder is still there. I get it @ 3811 H 8030. I watched it just a few minutes ago. It's weak on my 10 foot Winegard Pinnacle however ...... Q is 50% on my AZBOX. Most other channels on that sat are 90% Q.

Reactions: hank123
It's weak but I get it on 3813 H 8029 (pilot on) with a quality of 40% on my AZbox, 8 1/2 foot fiberglass dish with the Titanium LNBF. Other transponders are booming.

Carl

You know I stumbled upon the 5 chs. I picked up from the Mux a couple months ago. So 3 days ago when I found them I was only getting audio from them ,actually only 4 were in the clear, the 5th ch. was scrambled. Last night I looked again and found intermittent video as well. And for some reason, today the video and audio signal has locked in. There's a This Ch. which I like, cozi from PR the VI NBC which broadcasts NBC 4 at 11pm. and another ch. which seemed to have a infomercial going. Signal today was strongest between 50-70% on my X2.
Say Clucas, what do you mean by "pilot" on ?

The pilot symbols are data used to synchronize a DVBS2 carrier. Most STBs have an auto pilot function, so it is not usually necessary to input this parameter unless the receiver has a user defined field in the transponder menu.

Reactions: KE4EST
You know I stumbled upon the 5 chs. I picked up from the Mux a couple months ago. So 3 days ago when I found them I was only getting audio from them ,actually only 4 were in the clear, the 5th ch. was scrambled. Last night I looked again and found intermittent video as well. And for some reason, today the video and audio signal has locked in. There's a This Ch. which I like, cozi from PR the VI NBC which broadcasts NBC 4 at 11pm. and another ch. which seemed to have a infomercial going. Signal today was strongest between 50-70% on my X2.
Say Clucas, what do you mean by "pilot" on ?

Titanium is right. My AZbox has the option. My GeosatPro does not. It depends on the receiver. If I turn it off on the AZ, I don't get a signal on this mix.

Carl

Status
Please reply by conversation.