transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny_baker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
is there any way to find out which are the strongest tp on all sats or is there a web sit that tells u for my area??? which is newfoundland canada??

not really... but you can ask here for certain satellites what a strong tp is. If you look at the list on global-cm.net there's a listing of tps, but nothing on there about strong/weak tp... Asking now about a certain signal and someone can give you an answer, but that answer may change in minutes... sometimes some come and go channels will show up at 90% for a few minutes, and then dissappear. It's really hit and miss.

I guess off the top of my head (using global-cm's site and just saying channel names)

72-GBN (church network)
74-Ohio News
79-New York Net or Telefutura
83-nothing really. a few data TP's
85-nothing but feeds and tough here in MN due to footprint
87-Tip TV
89-ABCNewsNow
91-there is only one test card here 24/7
93-Doc Scott or Azteca
95-CCTV
97-church stuff on 12177 TP
99-nothing (feeds)
101-KUIL Fox or 3ABN
103-Pentagon
123-Research Network

Define "strong"?

Those I gave below seem to be the strongest signal quality wise here in suburban Minneapolis, MN using a 30" dish and a .4 LNB
Some satellites only have 1 or 2 items that are up full time so I have to go off those. But what I have listed shows me the highest signal quality

I think the point is that signal levels will be differant around the country! And that there is no published list of Strongest transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)