Travel Channel Moving.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
The TRAVEL CHANNEL will be moving from AMC 10 (4DTV C4- 602) to the AMC-11 (4DTV C3) satellite between 03-31-10 and 05-17-2010. It will be dual illuminated for several weeks before the final turn off on 05-17-2010. The new virtual digital channel number has not been assigned yet on C3. It will be mapped in by Motorola. This channel will now be in the Scripps multi-plex channels on AMC 11.

Wonder if this was the reason for the move? "We acquired a controlling interest in the Travel Channel business in December 2009" (SNI 10-K)

Wonder what will happen if anything to the (
Animal Planet/The Travel Channel/TLC E/Discovery) package thur SRL?

Isn't it part of the Disc package? That would make sense to have it on the same sat as the main Disc channel, I always wondered why it was there by its self.
Terry

Discovery sold the Travel Channel to Cox Communications in 2007. Discovery continued to distribute the channel for Cox until Scripps Networks bought a 65% stake from Cox in November 2009. Scripps has now taken over distribution.

i hope they add it to the little digital package skyvison has

It should be a pretty transparent move. I have the basic Skyvision package and it already has the Discovery Suite and the Scripps package (Food, DIY, Fine Living, HGTV). So other than finding Travel on a new satellite, it "shouldn't" be any different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.