Triple play requirement dropped for FASTER Internet Speeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vlj9r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Tampa Bay, Florida
BHN has finally decided to offer faster internet speeds to all their customers. Meaning, they no longer require you to subscribe to their triple play. This is something I have been asking for a long time.

Pricing is the same. $10 for 10megs down and $15 for 20megs.

BHN has finally decided to offer faster internet speeds to all their customers. Meaning, they no longer require you to subscribe to their triple play. This is something I have been asking for a long time.

Pricing is the same. $10 for 10megs down and $15 for 20megs.

BHN =WHERE=????

And what the heck is triple play?

And where did you see this info?

BHN=Bright House Networks

Triple Play is the industry term for the three services. Internet phone, Digital Cable Tv & Internet.

Until two weeks ago, a BHN customer was not allowed to purchase the higher internet speeds if they did not have the cableTv package. If you had cable and internet, for an extra $10/month, you could bump your speed to 10 megs down. If you had cabletv, internet and phone, you could bump your speed to 20 megs down.

As of Tuesday of last week, the info was not on their website. I found out about it in a flyer that was mailed to my home.

jr

Last edited:
They have made that change in Orlando as well if im not mistaken. They have pricing codes for Turbo without triple play needed.. Not sure if they advertise it yet or not

Before this change, you could still call in and complain and finally get it. I guess they just got tired of telling people NO first and then giving into their request(s) later.

People that already have satellite and Vonage don't need your cable programming or your telephone service, and we won't pay for what we don't need. Just provide me with high speeds, please. :)

I called and asked about this offer. In Tampa, they will give you a 6-month promo price in addition to upgrading you to Turbo or Turbo Plus. They made it sound like for the first six months, you'll basically be paying about the current price for the standard speed.... then afterwards it will be the regular price + about $10 or $15 dollars. This offer may exist in other BHN service areas as well, like Orlando. Depending on what modem you have now, they may say that you'll have to wait for a modem swap before you can support the higher speeds and get the upgrade.

Also some CSRs aren't "aware" of what is going on, so you might be told you can't get this without having "Digital Phone" service because of the equipment they believe is required for the 20 meg speed to be deliverable to you. As far as I'm aware, it's actually just a DOCSIS compatibility thing, so if you have a recent DOCSIS modem as far as standards, they should just be able to push this upgrade to you via bin file when the modem is next power-cycled....which they can typically do from there end as well.

OK - I tried calling them last week about the upgraded speed and they insisted that I still need to be at least Digital Phone customer in order to get the higher speed. This is BHN Tampa Bay....Is this deal still available? Any one else have any luck recently?

Thanks

You can get the upgraded speeds for RR. Just ask for RR as the standalone service or you can order it online on Bright House homepage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts