Tripod for Direct TV Slimline Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

juyvari

Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I recently upgraded to a Direct TV Slimline Satellite for my upgraded HD-DVR. My old tripod takes a 1.66" OD for the pipe that the old Satellite connected to. Is there an adaptor out there so that the new Slimline (which seems to be at least a 2" OD ) will fit on my old tripod?:confused:

Just cut a piece of 2 inch pole and slide it on top of 1.66 one then secure with self tapping screws. But this method is not recommended for Slimline. Technicians are not allowed to use tripods for this kind of installs.

I recently upgraded to a Direct TV Slimline Satellite for my upgraded HD-DVR. My old tripod takes a 1.66" OD for the pipe that the old Satellite connected to. Is there an adaptor out there so that the new Slimline (which seems to be at least a 2" OD ) will fit on my old tripod?:confused:

There are adaptors out there, check site sponsors.
None of which that have been made specifically for the AT -9 or slimline, that I have seen yet.

I am looking for a tripod as well, but looking for one that has adjustable legs, ever try to set up and have to find a perfectly level area ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)