Trojan Horse Alert.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotTy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Wa
Hate to say it and maybe I'm wrong but my Avast antivirus just detected a web form Trojan Horse for the third time in the last couple days from this web sight.
What does it mean?
Has anyone else been having issues like this?

There was something similar to that happening with Google some time back but I think that one was false positives or something like that. I use Ubuntu Linux so it won't show up on my puter.

Does Avast actually find and delete the virus infected files? :confused:

Copy the exact filename that Avast detected, go to virustotal.com website and let the database search it. Could be a false positive.

Copy the exact filename that Avast detected, go to virustotal.com website and let the database search it. Could be a false positive.
Did that and it came up clean across the board.
I'll notify Avast that I think it's a false positive.

I have seen this too now a few times in the last couple days, the vBulletin is redirecting to http:// myfilestore.com/ download.php ?id=5636a6d4 (spaces put in to make it unclickable) every now and then. Google search on it seems to indicate various vBulletin exploits have been patched in the past, perhaps satelliteguys.us is being attacked. I am accessing the site via a yahoo bookmark. Maybe Scott needs to apply a new security patch?

Further searching has other web sites using vBulletin having this issue in the past few days. I wonder if some new exploit has been found. What is odd is that it is not all the time. It has happened to me 3 times now, but if I hit back and then select the bookmark again I end up at Satelliteguys. Like after you have been timed out at the site it happens, but then it will not again until you are timed out.

I have seen this too now a few times in the last couple days, the vBulletin is redirecting to http:// myfilestore.com/ download.php ?id=5636a6d4 (spaces put in to make it unclickable) every now and then. Google search on it seems to indicate various vBulletin exploits have been patched in the past, perhaps satelliteguys.us is being attacked. I am accessing the site via a yahoo bookmark. Maybe Scott needs to apply a new security patch?

There is no patch out and I just scanned things and nothing found with the scan.

That's not to say there isn't anything but it means that the bad ad wasn't displayed while the site was scanned. I am not home at the moment but when I get home in about an hour I wIll do a much better scan. And hopefully nag the bugger. :)

So until then great Captain James T Kirk said it best "Sheilds Up!" :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have tried it on 3 different computers. I think it has something to do with yahoo bookmarks. I am also using chrome. I will try it next time by typing in the url directly.

I'm using FireFox bookmarks and starting a couple days ago, clicking on that link in the bookmarks sent me to a google page that says
Whoops . . .
The page you were trying to access could not be found!
You might be able to find out what your looking for by searching for it, as the page your looking for may have moved.
(To search SatelliteGuys.US just click the SatelliteGuys.US box below)
Other things to try:

Thanks for visiting SatelliteGuys.US!
The Internet's #1 Satellite News, Talk & Information Site!

Just tried via typing in on the address bar, it worked fine. I will keep trying to reproduce it.

Everything still scanning good. Maybe the ad agency caught the ad and got rid of it. :)

It has not happened again... Maybe it is fixed now. I am just glad Google did not scan us when it happened and get the site blacklisted again.

I've been scanning my computer for 3 hours now and still nothing comes up.
Since to get to this web sight, I have Satelliteguys bookmarked in a folder named "daily'
When I click on it, it takes me to a google page saying there's no such web sight. It tells me to "Click Here" to search and it redirects me here, along with Avast's warning saying it had blocked a Trogan Horse.
I deleted the bookmark from the "daily" folder and rebookmarked it three different times under the same folder and it continues to warn me about the Trogan Horse.
Then I decided to put the Satelliteguys link into another folder and tried it and it works fine now.
I don't know why just Satelliteguys was being redirected to that "Ooops" page but nothing else was.
Anyway, thanks for the help and I'm sorry for what seems to be a false alarm.
Avast is still scanning and still nothing has come up.

It might not be a virus, but malware, I would scan with malwarebytes which is a free download. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts