Trouble Activating system

Pooka

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Antigo, WI, USA
I purchased a Bell 9242 from Ebay.Canada, couldn't find another since Bell has stopped making them. The Ebay seller had sold nearly a dozen previously, good record. Claimed they were brand new and packaging appeared so.
I contacted a potential broker, agreed to his contract and gave the serial numbers he required.
He later called back and said Bell can not locate where the original dealer had registered the unit. He explained that all dealers should register through Bell prism and that the dealer/seller needs to register the unit first. Broker recommended that I contact seller and have him register with Bell with an address and Tele# which can be cancelled later on.
I contacted the Ebay seller, he stands by that the unit is new, not knowing the rules on contacting Bell from US, he recommended I call Bell and try to activate.

The broker wants to sell me a Bell 9241 and I'm wondering if he's giving me a run around on the activation to push me into the 9241. I did buy the dish and switches from him. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Pooka

After switching to a different broker I was activated this afternoon. Its been a while since I've enjoyed Canadian satellite, so its a new learning experience to remember the channels again.

I want to again Thank Legacy, its nice to know that this forum has attracted such helpful members. He went well over what I expected from someone I've never met. Our brothers to to north.

Pooka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)