Trouble locating Starchoice AnikF1

hypecat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 8, 2005
OK, I am trying to help a friend get his Starchoice equipment working. He has a Starchoice DSR 401 and a Dish Network round dish. Will this dish work?

The look look angles he is trying to use are:

elevation = 36
azimuth = 200

He lives in Eagan, MN

Can't seem to get anywhere with this currently.....

Anik satellites are C/Ku FSS satellites with horizontal/vertical polarity. Your friend has a DBS dish - won't work. Look around for an old Primestar dish or FTA Ku band dish

hypecat said:
OK, I am trying to help a friend get his Starchoice equipment working. He has a Starchoice DSR 401 and a Dish Network round dish. Will this dish work?

The look look angles he is trying to use are:

elevation = 36
azimuth = 200

He lives in Eagan, MN

Can't seem to get anywhere with this currently.....
im in your neck of the woods and i have starchoice

Thanks to ICEBERG, he's the man

once you get the right dish pm him he shall be able to help you out

You need the right dish and LNB. Dish Network is circular LNB and the dish is too small. You need at least a 24" dish and a KU band LNB (30" dish would be better)

If you need a dish and all you want is F1 (the main satellite), PM me. I have a 30x18 DirecPC dish that will work fine for F1 only (not the F2 satellite) and it has the mast, LNB and dish. I’m in Shakopoee. Otherwise, a Primestar Dish or you can order the SC dish from www.kusat.com

Where are you planning on mounting the dish? She’s gonna be a cold one this weekend to be aiming a dish :D

I am also getting ready to install my Star Choice 505HD System, Quad LNBF, 75cm Elliptical Dish here in East Bethel, MN

I can't find anything that talks about the cable connection to the LNBF. It has four cable connections on it.
Two say SAT1 and the other two say SAT2

I guess I am a bit confused because I don't know if I am supposed to hook two cables to it? One for each Satellite? Anik F1 and F2

If so, there is only one "satellite in" on the receiver!

Any direction for this newbie would be appreciated.:)

Andy

Welcome :wave from another frozen Minnesotan :D

You only need to use one cable from the LNB to the receiver. There is a built in switch that picks up both satellites.

Hook one line (use the far left one) and hook that to the receiver
To set it up go to channel 284
Options-6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic C

Make sure your elevation, skew are right and aim in general azimuth direction (You’re trying to aim at 111.1 Dish/Direct uses 110 so its real close to that

On the Diag C screen, there is a number in the corner that is a + or – number. When you hit the signal, the number will be a + and move every second. +5 is minimum, +7.5 or above is great.

Sorry it took so long to say thanks for the info Ice. I was out of town and now I am ready to install the dish.

I currently have Directv as well

You mentioned that the Azimuth for Directv is almost the same as *C.

My question is.. Could I hook up both Directv and *C onto the the new 75cm elliptical and use one dish for both sevices if pointed in the right direction?

Has this been tried before?

It certainly would save me a lot of trouble!

Andy

Interesting.

Is there a good link in this forum that explains the difference between ku and ka?

Thanks

Andy

It wont work.
Starchoice uses frequencies between 11.7-12.2 MHZ
DirecTv (and Dish) use frequencies between 12.2-12.75 MHZ

Also the LNB for SC is at 107.3 & 111.1. Thats why I said near Direct/Dish is because both use a satellite at 110 so its aimed in the near direction :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)