Trouble with addressing 2nd 922 remote.

specialk67890

Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Ohio
Can only get 1 remote to address to the 922. I'm thinking it might be a bad remote but it's brand new out of the box. Batteries are good. When I take the batteries out, put them back in, hit SAT on sys info the tv and aux buttons flash red for a few seconds... but still wont address.

Ideas?

If you hit the system info button on the front panel doesn't it give you an option to link remotes? I think you have to physically link it before it will work, it will beep when it's linked. I'm pretty sure that in the manual that came with it (all 10 pages of it) says to hit the front panel sys info, not the one through the menu/settings, then hold it close to the antenna and hit the sat button. Have you tried it that way yet? does it show the 2nd remote linked at all and just not working? If so, unlink and try that process I stated again from the front panel sys info.

Yea, I can do it just fine with the tv1 remote. Sadly I honestly think it's a DOA remote. If I unlink the first remote then try and address the other one (regardless of which tab is in at the bottom) it just will not address. Pick up the original tv1 remote, hit sat, links up just fine.

Just my luck.

Try this procedure for unpairing the remote using several keystrokes on the remote itself. This has worked for me before for a balky remote. See attached .pdf file. Hope this works for you.

Attachments

• 32.0 remote unpair.pdf
    619 KB · Views: 292
Can only get 1 remote to address to the 922. I'm thinking it might be a bad remote but it's brand new out of the box. Batteries are good. When I take the batteries out, put them back in, hit SAT on sys info the tv and aux buttons flash red for a few seconds... but still wont address.

Ideas?

The tech had that same problem when my 922 was installed. The remote for tv2 linked up perfectly, but tv1 remote wouldn't do anything. After about 15 min. he gave up, ran to his truck and got a different remote. That one worked!

Try this procedure for unpairing the remote using several keystrokes on the remote itself. This has worked for me before for a balky remote. See attached .pdf file. Hope this works for you.

The procedure in the pdf worked for me great! Thanks for the upload. I am on my 6th (!!!!) ViP922 because the previous one is now shutting down on its own every 5 mins with loud fan noise. The first one was the best one, but unfortunately after we moved to a new house, that one became toast at the hands of the installer last year. They had to sent 3 more till it finally worked.

Couldn't get the existing remotes to pair up with the replacement that was sent until I followed the procedure. Yesterday I was with tech chat when they were activating the receiver and support said the existing remote won't work and sent me new replacement. Do they not have this pdf? I got both TV1 and TV2 to unlink and relink with this process. Also important to know is that the antenna needs to be plugged in the back for the pairing to work.

Glad I searched this forum.

Also tried using a 21.0 in IR mode with the tv1 tab. Didn't work either. I did enable the IR setting in the remote manager.
My 32.0 remote did not have any trouble linking for using tv2. however, i did order a new 21 remote to use for my TV1 on the 922 because the 32.0 will not accept my tv remote's signals and the 21 did not work with my 922. the old 21.0 worked fine though so i was puzzled. i looked a little closer to the back of the 21.0 remote and noticed it is actually a 21.1?. Not sure what would be different but it would not work with the 922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)