True South and motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks Jim, i saw that, but it is 10 days old,, alot can happen in that time, so thats why i asked,, well then now i am stumped....

edit....ok i do have something ,since there is now way i am going up on a roof tonight in this weather and sitting bored i decided to go Sat Fishing, i made the motor go to echo3 61.5, and i DO get the free info channel!!!!!so i am finally hitting a sat that i am supposed to, so now i have questions,,,can trees be making that much of a differnence and blocking when the dish is at other positions,,and now what do i do to get SBS6 amd AMC3,, do i make go back to reference point in the usals setup under the echo3 setting, or do the SBS6 usals set up and make t g to reference, or do i just put in my long and lat and tell it to move??thanks,, i am stil baffled how this could be...

Last edited:
Trees always can cause problems but if you do go to your true south satellite and repeak your dish and your USALS is set up correctly with the correct elevation, your dish should track correctly. I recently had a problem with my motor was off by 1.5 degrees and my dish would not track to the east correctly and could not get T12 but after my adjustment, it tracks fine. It is all in the details, thats all I say and my Satlook meter is a blessing and it made the tweaking so easy.

Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)