True South?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
no. Your longitude is 92.2 so the closest to your true south is 93W (IA6). You can use 91 but thats more than a degree off
magnetic is only for where to aim the dish/motor setup:)

iafirebuff said:
Thanks! So since my long. is 92.2676w, and i subtract -1 for teh mag dev, 91 would be my true south, correct?
No, you subtract -1 from 180 degrees, which gives you 179 degrees. So you point your compass to north and 179 degrees is where you will find true south. And as Ice said, 93 is your true south sat.

Al

To get really technical here (because that's half the fun), IA-6 is currently at 93.27 west and Galaxy 11 is at 91.21 west. So IA-6 is 1.01 degrees west of your location and Galaxy 11 is 1.05 degrees east of your location. If you can pick it up, Brazilsat B4 is sitting at 92.26 degrees west. Have fun

Uber-Tweaking

Currently using AMC 3 at 87 W

I am in the 84 W 39 N area.

Peaked pretty well but have never gotten Hispasat but did well at Amazonas and G10 has been only losing channels.

Would uber-tweaking toward a more true(r) south help with extreme ends of the arc?

From lyngsat sat tracker these two are just on either side of me.

Would one be better than the other or just leave it alone? (The leaving it alone is probably not likely for me or anyone else here, I've read those weekend project posts, I guess this might be mine.)

AMC 9 at 83 W Beacon frequencies: 12.198.000 V (no SR listed)

AMC 2 at 85 W Beacon frequencies: 12.198.000 V (no SR listed)

I would try AMC9

There is a really strong TP there at 11775 H 4232. It just says "NBC AMC9 3F on it" and color bars

Otherwise the data TP's listed there will work
http://www.lyngsat.com/amc9.html

12160 H 30000 & 12180 V 30000 are strong. No picture but you get quality to aim the dish :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts