GEOSATpro Trying to add transponder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
I was trying to scan 107.3 w for CBC and CTV . I was able to get CBC feed from 11933MHz H (left). When I got looking at the TP list I saw that the Transponders I was looking for are not on the list, so I thought I could try and add them, it looks simple enough in the manual considering I have never looked into this part of looking for channels before.
I went into the TP list for 107.3 w and saw the one that I was able to scan but didn't see the others that are on Lyngsat.
I went into add TP and added - Frequency 4100MHz Symbol Rate 30000 s/s Polarity V Right
I also added - Frequency 4140MHz Symbol Rate 30000 s/s Polarity V Right
I cant get a signal level at all on the two added TP's
So since this part of FTA is new to me, I would really like some help with this
Thank you.

TP Frequency 4100 has a symbol rate of 28346. It will not lock with the SR set to 30000

4140 V 30000 locks and scans channels with no problems. Receiving other vertical polarity transponders on this satellite? Try bumping the dish one or two clicks east or west?

Sorry, yes i did set 4100 at 28346 . so now i know that i found the right numbers and put them in the right places. I have scanned and got CBC Feeds on 11933 yesterday and after rescanning tonight i cant get anything. a funny thing though is on the two tp i added i get no signal level at all yet on the one with CBC feeds I get a signal level of 45% right now.

What kind of dish set-up do you have? Are you putting 4100 and 4140 in and trying to receive on a Ku Band LNB? 11933 is Ku and the 4000 numbers are C-Band.

Yes I have ku for my motorized setup. when looking at Lyngsat i thought that the colors meant it was Ku but looking now i see that it is C&Ku, so now I know that the 4000 numbers mean C band. which is a disappointment to me, I guess I can get CBC OTA.
Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)