GEOSATpro Trying to add transponder

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
I was trying to scan 107.3 w for CBC and CTV . I was able to get CBC feed from 11933MHz H (left). When I got looking at the TP list I saw that the Transponders I was looking for are not on the list, so I thought I could try and add them, it looks simple enough in the manual considering I have never looked into this part of looking for channels before.
I went into the TP list for 107.3 w and saw the one that I was able to scan but didn't see the others that are on Lyngsat.
I went into add TP and added - Frequency 4100MHz Symbol Rate 30000 s/s Polarity V Right
I also added - Frequency 4140MHz Symbol Rate 30000 s/s Polarity V Right
I cant get a signal level at all on the two added TP's
So since this part of FTA is new to me, I would really like some help with this
Thank you.

TP Frequency 4100 has a symbol rate of 28346. It will not lock with the SR set to 30000

4140 V 30000 locks and scans channels with no problems. Receiving other vertical polarity transponders on this satellite? Try bumping the dish one or two clicks east or west?

Sorry, yes i did set 4100 at 28346 . so now i know that i found the right numbers and put them in the right places. I have scanned and got CBC Feeds on 11933 yesterday and after rescanning tonight i cant get anything. a funny thing though is on the two tp i added i get no signal level at all yet on the one with CBC feeds I get a signal level of 45% right now.

What kind of dish set-up do you have? Are you putting 4100 and 4140 in and trying to receive on a Ku Band LNB? 11933 is Ku and the 4000 numbers are C-Band.

Yes I have ku for my motorized setup. when looking at Lyngsat i thought that the colors meant it was Ku but looking now i see that it is C&Ku, so now I know that the 4000 numbers mean C band. which is a disappointment to me, I guess I can get CBC OTA.
Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)