Trying to find 72?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Been attempting to find 72 W. So what is the strongest signal on that Sat? Need freq & SR for something that is on all the time.

RT.

(maybe I should just take my space ship and fly up there a put a big bright blinking light on the sat. Gee, can you think how big that light would have to be at 23,000+ miles away???)

KU or C-Band?

KU would be the NBC feed mux

12052 V 6890

or Global Broadcasting Network
12143 V 2573

Marking everything on the pole? If no motor, I mean. Once you start doing that you can tell about how far to move the dish on the pole to get from one sat to the next. Sometimes I have to blind-scan as I move the dish, a little at a time, until I 'find my place' again.
Remember the skew changes, and the elevation will drop as you go east or west from your true south satellite.

Marking everything on the pole? If no motor, I mean. Once you start doing that you can tell about how far to move the dish on the pole to get from one sat to the next. Sometimes I have to blind-scan as I move the dish, a little at a time, until I 'find my place' again.
Remember the skew changes, and the elevation will drop as you go east or west from your true south satellite.

Interesting idea on marking if no motor. It is an 8ft BUD, with good motor. The mount and the polarotor take care of the last part. That gets run by the 920. Just maybe the tree over there grew up a little too much. Will check on Thursday.

RT.

I would keep going down the Arc, starting from 87 - 85, 83 and so on.
See if there is a point at which you can't lock a t Sat - possible Dish needs tweak.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)