Trying to find AMC 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.
its on there and it is she strongest channel (on my set up), it is a hard satellite to lock in...took me awhile to set it up (weird skew - I am running almost no skew at all) I get Pentagon in the upper 80's lower 90's

It (AMC1) also is in an offset orbit, meaning the skew is off about 20 degrees or so. If you really want to watch it, you can probably adjust your skew accordingly and get a better picture. Remember to mark your current position, so you know where to put it back to. Because of this, I have issues with my 80cm dish, but my 1.2m dish has no problems. So, you could get a larger dish and solve the problem.

Al

voomvoom has it right. The skew is off. I used to watch some analog backhauls there and my lnb would be way out of line or so it appeared.

I have a motorized dish so that should take care of the Skew. I had AMC 1 locked in and was watching the Pentagon Channel before I did a factory reset on my receiver, now I could not seem to find it again, I will try again tonight.

Gary Z said:
I have a motorized dish so that should take care of the Skew. I had AMC 1 locked in and was watching the Pentagon Channel before I did a factory reset on my receiver, now I could not seem to find it again, I will try again tonight.

From my understanding, the skew on that Bird is a little messed up, so if you can manually tilt it even more, give that a shot. I'm able to pick up Pentagon and a few 4:2:2 NBC feeds, but others are quite jumpy. I'm going to try and manually skew it tomorrow and see if the signal breaks up less often.

The best thing to do is take a tv out to the dish with you (if possible) I actually get that sat pretty good but it took allot of work to do it...some of the tp's are weak I think because some of the feeds break up (or don't come in at all) but I get allot of feeds very strong so I don't know if the weakness is sat related or uplink related.

Okay, I just adjusted the skew clockwise about an additional 20 degrees --- WOW!!

Pentagon jumped from 48% to 88%
SSN jumped from an unwatchable 35% to 74% -- first time I've been able to do this.
I also grabbed a few more feeds that I had yet to see.

If you are still having a problem getting this bird, re-set the skew and see what that does for you. Just remember to re-set it before moving elsewhere, otherwise little else will come in.

I found AMC 1 again, I did not have to adjust my skew... was able to get the Pentagon Channel, I had to set my LNB to 10750, seems as though you have to set the LNB for each satellite, even though it is already set at 10750, you have to change it to something else then save and then change it back to 10750 and it works again. Sounds strange but it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.