trying to find amc4 with a universal lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ianleafan

Aug 10, 2008
I posted a couple weeks ago I was trying to pick up 101w amc with a small dish.
Well i gave up on that, picked up a 33 fortec dish with universal lnb.
Tryed an hour yesterday with no luck.I'm using a coolsat7000.
I'm pretty sure my settings are correct, but I'm unsure about if I should adjust the settings for horizontal/vetrtical.
Any tips would be ausome.
Thanks in advance.

LNB settings for Universal:
LNB Type: Universal
LNB Power = on
Low LO =9750
High Low = 1060
22KHz = off

Where are you located?
What channels are trying to get?

LNB settings for Universal:
LNB Type: Universal
LNB Power = on
Low LO =9750
High Low = 1060
22KHz = off

Where are you located?
What channels are trying to get?

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to pick up BVN (dutch channal)
I'm in Hamilton , Ontario. (actually outskirts in the country)
One more question there is amc4 and amc4 C both 101, which one should I be on?
Thanks again for your help.

That Dutch channel is on the South American beam, AMC 4 at 101.0°W - LyngSat Maps . No way that you can get it in North America . (

Brent , sorry but you missed the BVN channel that transmits to North America on that same satellite.

Here is the coverage map.

AMC 4 at 101.0°W - LyngSat Maps

I have watched the BVN channel and also remember several BVN radio stations on AMC 4 @ 101.0 west.

Should be ok with the dish size , I'll check Hamilton , Ontario on the map to see what EIRP is and follow up.

Brent , sorry but you missed the BVN channel that transmits to North America on that same satellite.

Here is the coverage map.

AMC 4 at 101.0°W - LyngSat Maps

I have watched the BVN channel and also remember several BVN radio stations on AMC 4 @ 101.0 west.

Should be ok with the dish size , I'll check Hamilton , Ontario on the map to see what EIRP is and follow up.

I certainly DID miss it. Thanks for the correction.
:( ( slap me up the side of the head )

I can get BVN with a 30" dish just fine in Minnesota

but back to the OP question, use AMC4 KU Band

You're in the perfect spot , 51 EIRP ..... you're in a hot zone and will be perfectly fine with 33inch Fortec dish.

struggling here to find 101. west(amc). I used the above settings given and still no luck
I'm using a newer coolsat receiver with a 33 inch fortec dish with a universal.lnb
Maybe I need a sat finder.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.
The skew setting is 20.8 from here. I'm unsure which way I turn the eye. I'm used to turning the dish clockwise.
Do i turn clockwise from behind thedish or behind the eye.

I've read I need22khz off with universal lnb, I don't see the setting, so I assume its okay

make sure the settings in the receiver are right. Should be universal (9750/10600)

if you are behind the dish, yes you turn it clockwise

also if you think you are close, do a blind scan. Let it scan "all" and see what comes up. Then you can tell approx where you are at

I'm pretty close to Hamilton and I lost amc4 a couple of weeks ago. It started dropping quality gradually, and now it's gone. I'm running a 39" with a dual linear lnb feeding a Pansat 3500 and a Viewsat Ultra.

I've reseated all the connections and tested all the cables to no avail. I even tried another lnb to rule out that it's not defective. I can even pick up the low strength G25 (on both lnbs I tested) but not amc4. Can anyone confirm that the bird is still transmitting?

Thanks in advance!

Okay, thanks Iceberg. Will try again soon (wife willing).

Yer still the fastest gun around!! :)

Anyone ever tell you you look like a wrestler or bouncer? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cant find G25 in receiver

I took the leap and need help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts