Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Please help.

I've been trying to readjust my dish (30W x 34H Winegard) to AMC 9 to pick up RTN.

I've had trouble because AMC 16 seems to overpower everything else. After much adjustment I located a channel (AMC 9/3F NBC News Feed) with good strength, but no RTN.

As of right now I'm cold and out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

When I pointed my 90cm P* at AMC-9 the skew was very touchy on RTN, so was every other adjustment. Get all you can on the NBC news feed then try RTN again. Make very slight adjustments as it is touchy.

Hey Ice could his dish be to small and getting adjacent satellite interference knocking RTN out. He was saying AMC 16 is causing him trouble. Maybe his reflector parabola is off?

Please help.

I've been trying to readjust my dish (30W x 34H Winegard) to AMC 9 to pick up RTN.

I've had trouble because AMC 16 seems to overpower everything else. After much adjustment I located a channel (AMC 9/3F NBC News Feed) with good strength, but no RTN.

As of right now I'm cold and out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

If you have a motorized dish and you are using USALs try bumping to the east in diseqc command a few steps. Seems to be just a little east of the other transponders for maximum quality. The level my Coolsat 5K, invacom QPH-031 and the winegard DS2076 dish is picking up the signal at 90% quality. But I had to bump it 3 fine steps to the east to max this out. I am looking at AMC 9/3F transponder 11.775H SR 4.232 but currently there is no signal so I can't use it for comparision. Make sure your frequency is set for 11.735H and a SR of 4.430. Your elevation maybe a little off as well.

Hey guys, I finally got RTN. It's just above the pixelation point though. Quality 66/67 on Coolsat 5000. I must say that this is the toughest satellite I've tried to catch so far.

Hey guys, I finally got RTN. It's just above the pixelation point though. Quality 66/67 on Coolsat 5000. I must say that this is the toughest satellite I've tried to catch so far.

Is your dish motorized? And where are you located roughly? My brother also has the same dish and the Coolsat 5000. He seems to have a difficult time and best he can do is 66/67 percent. I have the same setup and I am only 20 miles east of him getting the RTN's at 89% quality on the Coolsat 5000. I think his winegard dish is warped after the wind (tornado) blew it over last summer.

Last question, if you do have a motorized setup, did your peak adjustment end up being east of what the USALs setting is?

I'm also getting a load of other channels such as:
CTVTB, CBCTB, BITE, MILIT, LLNE, ATN, NTV, GMA, ... all coming in way stronger than RTN.

By the way, I'm picking up RTN on 11.733H rather than 11.775H. What might be causing that?

Sorry, I posted the last message before I refreshed the screen. I'm in extreme Southeast KY. (Very mountainous might be affecting reception). I don't have a motorized system. Only a compass, a 7/16 wrench, and some patience.

I'm also getting a load of other channels such as:
CTVTB, CBCTB, BITE, MILIT, LLNE, ATN, NTV, GMA, ... all coming in way stronger than RTN.

By the way, I'm picking up RTN on 11.733H rather than 11.775H. What might be causing that?

11.775H is in referenece to your AMC 9/3F channel. 11.733 or 11.735H is corect for RTN, depends how your receiver scans it in.

On my Pansat's tight meter I get the high 50's to low 60's, threshold on the Pansat is in the 13 to 20 range. This is on a 90cm Channel Master fiberglass (Primestar) dish. When RTN just was put up there I was lucky to get 30 on a good day. They have boosted there power twice already. There rock solid now.

Thanks guys. It's very overcast today, so maybe the quality meter will go up tomorrow. Even at 66 though, RTN is solid with no pixelation.

By the way, does anyone know if Sheriff Lobo still comes on RTN. That was the main reason I moved my dish, but tonight Airwolf came on at 6:00 instead.

I downloaded a RTN East national feed schedule, and it shows Lobo at 6 and Airwolf at 9 and 10.

Attachments

• RTN.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 156
Hey Ice could his dish be to small and getting adjacent satellite interference knocking RTN out. He was saying AMC 16 is causing him trouble. Maybe his reflector parabola is off?

AMC16 doesnt have any DVB-S on it except for the test card
(there is a bunch of DVB-S2 IP stuff on there)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)