Trying To Get G19 with a Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeff111

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2016
nc
I got galaxy 19,locked in,signal 93,quality 73,but Iam only getting 8 channels,Could anyone tell where Iam going wrong.Iam new to FTA satellite..Thanks alot

The stations are PR1,MTA1,MTA2,MTA3,IFOCAST...Thats all the channels I get on galaxy 19

You are currently aimed at the 87w satellite. Pan the dish west and increase the elevation.

Are you using transponder 12152 on the G19 KU satellite to aim the dish? Do you have a small TV next to the dish and viewing the Signal Quality meter?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: KE4EST
If all is plumb your elevation should be at 44 degs, for NC.

Reactions: Titanium
Yes thats the transponder Iam using.I got a WS-6906 meter Iam using.I dont believe Iam on 87w,I tried west an south moving the dish,I have it set at 44,Ive tried up an down. The meter is set to 97w.Its supposed to pick up on 97w only.At least thats what the manual said.It took 15 seconds to find it,but Ive spent hours on trying to get all of the channels on 19.I dont know.......

You are on 87W. That meter may not be programmed properly.
Keep trying you will get it. If you are on 44degs the dish marking may be off.
Lower the elevation a bit and pan more toward the west.

Ok,I will work on it tomorrow,Iam 66 tired of going up and down on a ladder,I got it mounted on the front of My shed,I wanted it up high,I got 2 pine trees more to the left of the dish,I seem to be between them now.The distance to the trees is 163.9ft,The height is 162.3ft.I dont think I should worry about them.When I move west,I will be moving away from them anyway.I will get back to you later.Thanks alot

Reactions: fred555
DISH AIMING - FIXED

www.dishpointer.com for your aim and skew.
Set dish to elevation listed.
Set skew to angle listed. When facing the dish, the LNBF is twisted CCW if the satellite is West of you. CW if it's East.
Watching the tune up screen, with a known active transponder (12152 H 20000 on G19 - 97W) )selected, move the dish in small steps across the line dishpointer paints on the page. Wait a few seconds before performing another step. It may take up to 10 seconds for the receiver to 'lock' the signal and display Quality. If no Quality is attained, raise or lower the elevation no more than 1 degree and repeat. Once Quality 'registers' maximize the reading with even smaller steps L-R & up-dn.

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
Well Ive tried for about 2hrs. this morning,Ive done every thing you have said,But to no avail.I tried to hire a professional,But the ones that I could not get was direct tv,an dish net,Wont service anything that is not there equipment.Its a small town,there is no one else.Iam stuck with it.I suppose I will mess it a little each day.I thank you very much for helping Me.Later

Well Ive tried for about 2hrs. this morning,Ive done every thing you have said,But to no avail.I tried to hire a professional,But the ones that I could not get was direct tv,an dish net,Wont service anything that is not there equipment.Its a small town,there is no one else.Iam stuck with it.I suppose I will mess it a little each day.I thank you very much for helping Me.Later

Are you still using that meter.
Its best if you bring a TV and set it up somewhere where you can see the the signal meter on the TV while moving the dish.

No My tv is mounted to the wall, Whats wrong with the meter?

I can see signal on the meter plus it beeps,The meter on the screen does not make a sound.

No My tv is mounted to the wall, Whats wrong with the meter?
OK, I did not see until now the meter being used, WS-6906.
Some use the $20 ones with the analog meter needle and that never works out well.

Mark your pole with a marker when you find something, we can help you figure out the sat.
The marks are helpful for setting up a point of reference to work off of.
Once there is a known point of reference it gets real easy from there.

The meter will identify any satellite that transmits the selected transponder parameter. It is providing a false positive reading. The WS-6906 only identifies an active transponder from a list to identify a satellite. The same transponder frequencies and parameters are often used on multiple satellites.

Often the transponder lists in these meters are outdated or the user has not selected a unique active transponder or set the correct LNB LO frequency.

What LNB type is selected? Single/Standard/Universal?

What LO frequency is selected? 5150/9750/10600/10750/12250

What is the transponder is selected? Frequency, polarity, symbol rate?

What is the LNBF skew angle set to? Facing the front of the dish, is it twisted clockwise or counterclockwise?

When you run your location on
www.DishPointer.com, does the green line overlay for Galaxy 19 satellite line up with the aiming of the dish arm? My guess is that the dish arm is pointed considerable further East than the DishPointer Green line indicates.

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
The LNB is universal 9750/10600.I was told by the dealer to leave it on 0 LNB,I got a motorized dish.symbol rate H,My zip is 28460,

My first advice will be to remove the motor and mount the dish directly on the post until you feel confident in how to aim the dish at a given satellite. A motor adds quite a bit of complexity to an install and it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will have success with a first-time install with a motor.

As the LNBF LO is 9750/10600, then the meter LNB Type should be Universal and the LO frequency set to 9750/10600.

Do you have answers to the remainder of my questions? I'm trying to see the big picture and present a single solution rather than try and dole out slivers of information... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fred555
What questions did I miss? Iam really not into taking the motor off,I got 87w,I got a mark where it is,Iam turning it west what more can I doIam adjusting up an down each time i I,move it.Its just to much trouble to take it all down,to take the motor off,I got the motor so I would not have to climb the ladder to move to another satellite.

Transponder info, DishPointer questions.

The previous instructions and advice that members have provided you for dish aiming is for a fixed dish, not a motorized dish. This is the first that I was aware that you were attempting to install with a motor.

Please confirm if you will back-up and first install without the motor or if you chose the steep learning curve and frustrations with the motorized install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)