Trying to rig DTV WorldDirect 36"dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

I looked around in the forums but can't find a pertinent thread. I'm trying to rig above mentioned dish for 97 & 101 sats. The original dual lnb holder will not work. It is 6 degrees versus 4 degrees needed. Anybody been successful at this or know of a helpful thread? Thanks.

Use a regular metal hose clamp to attach (squeeze) one lnb to another. I have my dish pointing to 101 and 97 lnb is attached tightly only with metal hose clamp. This setup works very well for over a year. Previously I had lnb with holder attached with small vise-grips to magic bracket pipe, but hose clamp works much better and no need for additional brackets.

As I finished posting my previous post I noticed one of the advertisers up in the right hand corner of this page advertising 4 degree bracket which probably is much better solution than hose clamp as it is easier to adjust the lnb. I was looking locally for this bracket or 4 degree dual lnb, but could not find it so I used the hose clamp.

Thanks Ogorek,

1. You have any pics of your rig you can post for better understanding? I want to try the stuff I have before I buy.

2. How did you point the dish, which sat are going off of?

Thanks.

I have the same setup, LNB that came with dish is on 101W(AMC 4) and LNB next to it is 97W(G19) and then 91W(G17). I used a universal bracket and tie wraps to attach the G19 LNB. The LNB holder that comes with the dish makes it very hard to get an adjacent LNB close enough without the added tie wraps. I also first positioned the dish for 101, elevation and skew, then moved it about a 1/16 to an 1/8 of an inch to the left from behind the dish to improve signal on 97.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 180
Thanks thebaggins,

What is your location? I am in southern Cal. I wan to get an idea as to what type of angle I may have to do on the 97 lnb. thanks.

Southeastern PA, Just set your dish up for 101,use dishpointer.com great site, strap another LNB next to the stock LNB as close as you can get it and watch the quality meter on the STB using a strong TP on 97 and go from there.

Thanks again, I went to the link and saw the product which I will getting.

What about the curved metal strip you are using as your base? Is that something you manufactured yourself?

Thanks to the both of you ( ogorek and thebaggins ) for helping me with this issue and for putting up with my petty questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)