TSReader

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbpa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 5, 2005
TSReader has some good / interesting functionality. However, it seems like developement and support has pretty much ended for this product. I've had one support question open for 1 year and a repeat of the question open for ~ 2 months with no reply. The question was simply about support for the DVBWorld 2102 device.

Has anyone had a similar experience? There have only been 3 updates in the last year with little or no support for new devices. I'd renew my support but that seems like a waste of money.

The last time I e-mailed Rod was around October asking about bda support, he said he was working on it. As a matter of fact as I recall, he said he was working on the S2-3200, then he said he would get to my Dvbworld device. I haven't heard anything since. Tsreader is a really nice piece of work, I think it doesn't need much work other than bda support modules for the various new devices with bda only drivers, but without it, it is falling behind, personally I've gone completely to Transedit for analyzing streams, it doesn't have everything Tsreader has but it is functional with my devices. I let my sub elapse, it he releases a version with bda support I will probably get another license.
I really hope he is just busy and will get back to it in time.

The last time I e-mailed Rod was around October asking about bda support, he said he was working on it. As a matter of fact as I recall, he said he was working on the S2-3200, then he said he would get to my Dvbworld device. I haven't heard anything since. Tsreader is a really nice piece of work, I think it doesn't need much work other than bda support modules for the various new devices with bda only drivers, but without it, it is falling behind, personally I've gone completely to Transedit for analyzing streams, it doesn't have everything Tsreader has but it is functional with my devices. I let my sub elapse, it he releases a version with bda support I will probably get another license.
I really hope he is just busy and will get back to it in time.

I also let my sub lapse since I did not get a response when BDA will get supported since I no longer use a card with WDM drivers. If he updates, I will purchase (I told him that in my email back in October)

the workaround is to record the TS stream and then open it in TSREADER.

Transedit is fine, but I'm more used to finding the info I want in TSREADER's interface.

btw, has anyone found out where in transedit to find the colorspace info for a given signal? I know how to find pid type, resolution, etc. I just haven't found the colorspace info if it's even available in transedit's parsing.

Along with all the other problems and issues I'm having, TSreader Lite will not recognize my TT3200. Had to delete it

btw, has anyone found out where in transedit to find the colorspace info for a given signal? I know how to find pid type, resolution, etc. I just haven't found the colorspace info if it's even available in transedit's parsing.

I've never really looked for that so don't know, you could ask on the Dvbviewer forum, if its not there, they might include it in a future version.

Along with all the other problems and issues I'm having, TSreader Lite will not recognize my TT3200. Had to delete it

If you are using WDM drivers with the TT3200, that is weird.

The TT3200 was working great on my PC. I re-formatted/reinstalled things on my PC after getting a potential rootkit and then the TT3200 would only work for one lock and then you'd have to reboot to get the TT3200 to work for another lock before the issue repeated itself.

Just starting into playing with the analyze feature of Transedit and yes the Chroma info is there. On left side under the video info.

Just starting into playing with the analyze feature of Transedit and yes the Chroma info is there. On left side under the video info.

hmm I"m looking at a XML export of the analyze pane I made of a FTA service and I don't see any chroma info. Just video compression type used, VPID number, and usually some reserved descriptors, such as this example:

- <ES PID="33" Name="H.264 Video">
<StreamType HValue="0x1B" Name="H.264 Video (ITU-T Rec. H264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10)" />

- <Descriptor HValue="0x05" Name="Registration">
<FormatIdentifier HValue="0x48444D56" Name="HDMV" />

<AdditionalInfo Dump="FF 1B 17 2F" />

</Descriptor>

- <Descriptor HValue="0x28" Name="Reserved">
<DescriptorLength Value="4" />

<Data Dump="64 00 28 3F" />

<ASCII String="d (?" />

</Descriptor>

- <Descriptor HValue="0x2A" Name="Reserved">
<DescriptorLength Value="2" />

<Data Dump="7E FF" />

<ASCII String="~y" />

</Descriptor>
</es>

Here is a screenshot of the Transedit analysys of the NBC West HD S2 feed on AMC1. I put an arrow where the chroma info is.

Attachments

• transedit_chroma_info.png
    transedit_chroma_info.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
TSReader will give you the info too. Please post ( I don't have access to the feed) TSReader snapshot with selected video PID [613] of the channel.

TSReader report chroma value !

Just for test, I tuned to a feed at 107.4W, WIll try DVB-S2 later.

Attachments

• 11941H.JPG
    11941H.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 190
TSReader will give you the info too. Please post ( I don't have access to the feed) TSReader snapshot with selected video PID [613] of the channel.

yes I know, but the point is if Transedit could do it and save me a step (the step of recording the TS and then importing it into my TSREADER). My DVB-S2 USB device works much better with BDA than with the WDM drivers, so it's not a slam dunk to use TSREADER unless TSREADER ever comes through with the rumored BDA support. I've just been doing the workaround for some signals of high interest for analysis.

If it's a uplinker controlled thing, that would explain why I don't see it in Transedit unless the uplinker specially had that item in there. I'll have to tune the signal of the Transedit screenshot with chroma and verify I get the same results.

Would a single generic BDA Device Source Module for TSReader allow any new device with a BDA driver to be automatically supported by TSReader in the future without any extra programming from Rob? Or he will still need a special TSReader BDA source module developed to support each new device?

What are the main differences in features btw TSReader and Transedit? Why TSReader is preferred?

Last edited:

The analyze button is grayed out. Could this be operator error?

Or, is this feature stripped out of the demo version?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts