TT S2 -3200 TS reader Driver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barret

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I just received and installed the Technotrend DVB S2-3200 card. I right now have a working setup with TSReader, DVBVeiwer and a Skystar 2 card. I did not uninstall this setup I just added the 3200 to and empty slot and installed the drivers from the included CD. The driver install went well and it shows in device manager under video controllers. DVBViewer shows the card in the options menu but will not recognize it when i try to scan channels. TSReader will allow me to select the card under new devices but will also not recognize it on a channel scan. I get a message like no device recognized check to see if drivers are installed. I tried another BDA Driver from Technotrend with no luck. I downloaded a copy of Progdvb to try and the 3200 works ok with it.
I really want this to work with TSReader as this is my favorite program. Does anyone have this card working with TSReader? The driver installed right now is V 5.0.0.12. Are there any other things I might try. Oh one other thing I noticed. The Skystar 2 card automatically installs under network controllers in device manager and the TT 3200 installs under Video controllers. Could this have something to do with it?

Thank You

goto technotrend's website and download the data driver and install.

make sure your selecting the correct source driver for tsreader

Thanks updatelee

I guess I'm not too swift when it comes to drivers. I thought that that is what I did last night when i downloaded v5.0.0.12 BDA. The attached readme said it applied to the 3200 for data only. The only other driver I can find for download is the wdm v 2.19h. I just downloaded it but before i install it could you tell me if this is the one you are referring to. I don't mean to sound ignorant but I just don't see a particular reference to a data driver.

Thank you
barret

For TSReader you will need the WDM v 2.19h driver. It will show up under Network adapters.

photoman 76 and updatelee,
Thank you very much for the quick responses. I have the driver downloaded and will install it when I get home this evening. Everyday seems to be a learning experience when working with DVB cards and computers. I hope someday to be up to speed with everyone else here. Your help is invaluable.

Did you try DvbViewer Pro or the Technosat version? If you have the pro version and want to pursue it I would recommend that you download TransEdit from the DvbViewer site. I find it much better for scanning, and you can send the channels that you choose to DvbViewer from the TransEdit scan.

Ok barrett, I joined in on Your thread , I 'm trying to accomplish the same thing
I downloaded the wdm 219h driver (extracted it) and I still can't select a source in tsreader to launch tsreader, I tried technotrend budget dvbs,dvbs2,dvbt etc.
it doesn't find my card. error (unable to find suitable card)

photoman , I checked under network adapters. I dont see it
thanks for any help

Ok barrett, I joined in on Your thread , I 'm trying to accomplish the same thing
I downloaded the wdm 219h driver (extracted it) and I still can't select a source in tsreader to launch tsreader, I tried technotrend budget dvbs,dvbs2,dvbt etc.
it doesn't find my card. error (unable to find suitable card)

photoman , I checked under network adapters. I dont see it
thanks for any help

I believe you said you installed the Technotrend program. That would install the BDA driver, so you need to update the driver to WDM. Go to Device Manager and find TT-Budget S2-3200(BDA). It should be listed under sound video and game controllers. Right click and select update driver. Select "Not this time". Hit next. Select install from list. Hit next. Select "Don't search". Hit next. If Technotrend DVB-S2 PCI budget adapter shows up, select it. If not browse for the driver in the WDM 2.19 folder you downloaded. Hit next. Select "continue anyway" and the WDM driver will be installed.

photoman,
I didn't have any luck, this is the 4th pci card I've owned, never seen one this hard to get going ( don't seem to have any problems with the dvbs stuff, I was able to tune that pretty easy, I tried some channels on G10. no problems, just cant get the dvbs-2 going In device manager,
Under sound and video there is 2 listings one is TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Capture
the other is TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner, I tried on both
I right clicked on the TT capture, left clicked on update,selected no not this time,selected next,selected install from a list,next,when I select dont search, I will choose, my browse is greyed out,if I select best drivers in this location,put a check mark in, include this location, I can browse to the folder and select it,select next, but the wizard cant find a better match than what I already have. and that is it, in a nutshell. I'll keep plugging at it maybe I'll hit on something

A propo - Rod on his site noted what kind of driver must be installed. Check his list of HW.

BTW, you could uninstall whole TT suite with drivers or one by one from Device Manager.

Last edited:
Well I installed wdm219h and got the dreaded blue screen of death. I manually shut down and restarted the computer. I checked device manager and did find the card listed under network adapters but with the driver showing not properly installed with a driver error #31. I checked back to the TT site and see the driver is not listed for Vista. Is everyone else here using Vista with this driver? I tried two more installs last night with the same results.

A propo - Rod on his site noted what kind of driver must be installed. Check his list of HW.

Thats the first thing I did and Rod's instructions for the TT3200 are to go to the TT site and download the data driver. The info is pretty vague. If you go to the TT site you will only find two drivers available a BDA and a WDM neither of which specifies itself as a data driver. I guess you are just supposed to know that stuff. well I don't. Also the WDM driver is not listed for use with Vista?

Well I installed wdm219h and got the dreaded blue screen of death. I manually shut down and restarted the computer. I checked device manager and did find the card listed under network adapters but with the driver showing not properly installed with a driver error #31. I checked back to the TT site and see the driver is not listed for Vista. Is everyone else here using Vista with this driver? I tried two more installs last night with the same results.

I have the same problem trying to install it under Vista. I got so many blue screens, I gave up and installed an XP partition.

I have the same problem trying to install it under Vista. I got so many blue screens, I gave up and installed an XP partition.

Thank you again photoman76 for confirming my problem. I wish I could say I understand what you are talking about (XP partition). I guess I need to do some research. Is this something that is easily done ?

From all the reading I've done on Technotrend I guess I won't be holding out for a new driver soon. Most sites say that TT's driver support is extremely poor.

you'll need to create multi boot PC, one partition/disk for vista other partition/disk for Windows XP ( Pro is prefferable)

Thank You Smith, P
Some quick reading tells me that the motherboard must support XP drivers. A quick check shows me that the ECS mainboard on my Gateway GM5474 does not.

I wouldn't worrried about the ECS MB drivers now - just install XP on it, some drivers will be provided from XP disk, some by MS from Internet, rest of them you will find at ECS or in Internet manually

OK It looks like I might give this a try, unless there are other suggestions. I am open for any right now.
Regards
barret

Ok guys
I got mine working with tsreader/vlc
I have windows xp home on my new pc with quad core processors
working great so far, thanks for all the help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)