TT S2 -3200 TS reader Driver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks ACRadio.

I too am using the BDA driver, 5.0.0.19 dated 3/4/2008. I don't know whether there is a newer driver or not, but I haven't experienced any deafness with the card. There hasn't been any DVB-S2 signal that I can't lock with my 10 footer.

My issue is with Transedit which I have used for quite a long time.

The software works fine for what it does, and will give a lot of stream information.

I guess I am looking for the impossible. I would like to see the software automatically determine the FEC which it does, but I want to see what the FEC is and have it displayed. :)

I would also like for Transedit to allow you to turn on or off the pilot symbol and have it display the signal or shut if off.

As is, the software finds everything fine, but it gives no indication of those two pieces of information.

But as I have discovered since I re-opened this thread that none of the others do either. :(

So I will still be using Transedit for the time being.

Thank for your response!

There is a new Dvbviewer 4.0.1 beta on their site, says there has been a complete re-write of diseqc1.1 and 1.2 support. Lots of other changes. There is also a new Transedit 3.27 that also is a re-write , now with diseqc 1.1 and 1.2 as well. This is a beta also. Might be something there to help you out Linuxman, although I don't see anything specific to your problem but they do say "lots of changes" and don't elaborate. I'd give it a whirl but I loaded the new Dvbworld software and drivers(new today) and now my machine just re-boots when I try to load the device:mad: Looks like I have work to do.........

Hey Starman,

I tried the Transedit beta yesterday, and it works fine. Yes, it looks like they have redone the diseqc stuff which will be a great improvement. :)

I got it to work ok scanning in the DVB-S2 h.264 signals on AMC3 C-Band, and it displayed them fine.

The problem is it won't display ThisTV which is standard DVB-S, so I think they have a ways to go. I tried several different codecs, and it wouldn't display.

Haven't tried the program beta yet.

Thanks!!

How do you try/change codecs? I'm trying to get the CBS S2 4:2:2 on T5/IA5/G25/G19 C-Band to play. I can lock it and scan it, but I get no video, only sound. I can get other S2 channels, and I can view 4:2:2 on S channels. Any ideas on how to get a picture on that CBS S2 mux? Thanks!

Edit: this is with DVBViewer.....

How do you try/change codecs? I'm trying to get the CBS S2 4:2:2 on T5/IA5/G25/G19 C-Band to play. I can lock it and scan it, but I get no video, only sound. I can get other S2 channels, and I can view 4:2:2 on S channels. Any ideas on how to get a picture on that CBS S2 mux? Thanks!

If you're using DVBViewer then right click in the picture and choose options. Click on DirectX and you can change codecs there. Elecard should work, but I use BitControl for that channel.

Thanks AC. I've got to go out right now, so I'll get back to it. Before I go, how do I get Elecard or BitControl?

Errrr..... wait..!!!! I got it, changed the MPEG2 Video Decoder from Cyberlink to MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG
And, the test pattern popped up... Wow....!
Thanks AC!
I hope I've learned something?

Thanks AC. I've got to go out right now, so I'll get back to it. Before I go, how do I get Elecard or BitControl?

Errrr..... wait..!!!! I got it, changed the MPEG2 Video Decoder from Cyberlink to MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG
And, the test pattern popped up... Wow....!
Thanks AC!
I hope I've learned something?

To get the registered versions you have to buy them...a codec is usually around $15-20. Cyberlink won't do 4:2:2 so that's why it wouldn't work.

Hey Starman,

I tried the Transedit beta yesterday, and it works fine. Yes, it looks like they have redone the diseqc stuff which will be a great improvement. :)

I got it to work ok scanning in the DVB-S2 h.264 signals on AMC3 C-Band, and it displayed them fine.

The problem is it won't display ThisTV which is standard DVB-S, so I think they have a ways to go. I tried several different codecs, and it wouldn't display.

Haven't tried the program beta yet.

Thanks!!

Tried the beta this afternoon, and they have a new beta out now 3.2.8, and the same problem with ThisTV.

It does display the other channels on AMC3 DVB-S channels okay.

I have let them know on the beta test thread. :)

Tried the beta this afternoon, and they have a new beta out now 3.2.8, and the same problem with ThisTV.

The beta displays ThisTV fine for me...using BitControl codec...

Edit...I just tried every codec I have and they all play fine...

That's weird, I tried a few codecs here and they all work displaying ThisTV. When you scan with 3.2.8 is it scanning in the video pid?

That's weird, I tried a few codecs here and they all work displaying ThisTV. When you scan with 3.2.8 is it scanning in the video pid?

Yeah I don't understand it either, I even downloaded and tried bitcontrol and it doesn't help any.

It does scan in the VPID.

When I right click on the preview window, it gives the error "graph too late".

Whatever that means.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)