TT S2 -3200 TS reader Driver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tell us how you did it. i have the techno 3200 working with dvbviewer but can not
get tsreader to see the card

I can't take credit for this, a member from another board gave me this tip
I give him all the credit

I downloaded the wdm 219h driver from TT website and extracted to TT folder I created Tools & Downloads

I put the disc in that came with the card and run driver cleaner on all the apps listed, it took about 2 min. I took out the disc and rebooted pc
new hardware pops up, I browsed to the TT folder I created and installation went well. I opened tsreader selected, TT budget dvbs-2 for source and tsreader
magically opens up for You. I have tsreader version 2.8.46b, I'm not sure how many past versions work. hope this helps

remember that You erase the bda driver when the cleaner runs, I'm not sure what driver that dvb viewer is running

Just an update. Created a new 10 gig partition with no problems. Xp won't recognize the new partition though because i have a SATA HD. I have a Gateway GM5474 AMD dual core with sata drive. I need a XP sata controller driver and after three hours of online searching I believe I am out of luck. Oh how I wish I would have stayed with Xp on my new computer purchase.

Got it, the cleaner program did not work for me so i deleted all drivers with the device manager
rebooted and the rest worked like you said. dvbviewer don't work but now i have tsreader
working

Just an update. Created a new 10 gig partition with no problems. Xp won't recognize the new partition though because i have a SATA HD. I have a Gateway GM5474 AMD dual core with sata drive. I need a XP sata controller driver and after three hours of online searching I believe I am out of luck. Oh how I wish I would have stayed with Xp on my new computer purchase.

SATA controller and disks are support by XP generic drivers, you can see them in pure DOS. Did you call Gateway Help line ?

Thanks Smith, P.
You must realize that I don't have the knowledge that you possess. I wish I did. I can access DOS but wouldn't know what to do when there. I'd be like a dog chasing a car, once I caught it I wouldn't know what to do with it. As far as calling Gateway I have not because most of the responses i have read from others with this same problem is that when they contacted there computer manufacturers tech support they received no help with different reasons such as they only supported original operating system problems or warranties would be voided if dual boot was attempted or they had no idea of what a xp sata driver was. Its frustrating because I'm so close. All this may be for nothing anyways because more reading has told me that this driver must be installed via a floppy during the xp setup by pressing the F6 key when prompted. The new computers such as mine have no floppy drive. External floppies or usb devices are reported not to work as the F6 prompt won't recognize them. Hopefully there will be a workaround this soon such as a proper TT driver or TSReader working with the BDA driver but for now it looks like i will be sitting on a TT S2 3200.

Thanks for the advice up till now. It is very much appreciated.

barret

just to give You Guys another twist on the TT 3200
If want another software that will work with it.
download mytheatre 3.38 without the drivers and when you fire up
Mytheatre, the TT 3200 will be reconized as a nova card.
You just want get dvbs-2, hopefully the new version of mytheatre will be out soon,
it is supposed to do dvbs-2, from what I've read over at there site

just to give You Guys another twist on the TT 3200
If want another software that will work with it.
download mytheatre 3.38 without the drivers and when you fire up
Mytheatre, the TT 3200 will be reconized as a nova card.
You just want get dvbs-2, hopefully the new version of mytheatre will be out soon,
it is supposed to do dvbs-2, from what I've read over at there site

Saar (the writer of MyTheatre) seems to have STOPPED everything over the last 6+ months. I purchased Mytheatre years ago but alas, he stopped support. Currently, H264 cannot be done with his current version.

If you want a product that works pretty well right now, Progdvb pro (pro supports dvb-s2).

Jim

Well its done. I now have a Vista / XP partitioned dual core AMD6000 3ghz. TSreader & vlc 0.8.6 DvbViewer Te and SKystar 2 on Vista side 380 gig. Tsreader & VLC 0.9.0 nitely latest (awesome) with Tecnotrend 3200 DVB-S2 on XP 120 gig partition. Tested and working with no conflicts so far. Georgia Tech / Duke right now 1080i feed bitrate at 40500000bps on TT 3200 with 0 continuity errors and running internet simultaneously. Smooth fluid video. Thanks everyone and thank you photoman 76 for the heads up on a split partition with XP. This is something I needed from day one. A learning experience to say the least.

PS Thanks goes to Alex and the crew, you know who you are, for the successful upgrade!!

Last edited:
Congratulations, I have a Technotrend on backorder from CyberEstore, but it's sitting on a dock somewhere waiting for Customs release? Hope to be as happy as you, in the near future. I don't use Vista yet, so I'm not looking for any problems?

I'm glad you got it working. Good job.
Still no joy for me though. I still can't get the S2-3200 to work with TSReader on my system. I created an XP Pro partition, installed the latest WDM driver and started TSReader. It locked a DVB signal. Tried to lock a DVB-S2 signal. It locked but froze, showing no pid info. Restarted TSReader. Now it won't lock any DVB or DVB-S2 signal. Just gives an immediate "Failed to lock signal" message. It doesn't even look like it is trying to lock the signal. There is something very weird going on with my computer and this card. It works perfectly fine with the BDA drivers and DVBDream and DVBStreamExplorer 3.

I ran into a number of problems also. A few hints from my mistakes. Keep TSReader, VLC on the same drive as xp. Make sure the path for vlc is not pulling off the C drive it will recognize it and open and so will TSReader if you try to open from the c drive. I did this originally and nothing would work after that. I had to completely reinstall XP and start from scratch to get TSReader to work. Also it had been so long since i had originally installed TSReader I forgot that the firewall had to be disabled to get TSReader to tune.

I got my TT S2 3200 Monday evening and spent a lot of time yesterday reading TSReader's "Read Me" and this thread, while trying to get it and TSReader into a marriage. After a few hours, I took a long break. I had the TT S2 3200 working on it's on, but couldn't get a relationship between it an TSReader. Same as in earlier post in this thread. I'll get back to it soon. When I got into my break from it, I started playing with TSReader using my Twinhan 102g. They mated up pretty good, but I couldn't get any live video? Earlier today in another thread in another sub-forum, I asked for help and thanks to qwert, I'm now watching my Twinhan 102g through TSReader. My biggest enemy is Myself, I don't have a Clue to what I'm doing...??
Now to quit babbling and get to the point. For an hour or so I've been playing around the ARC with the TT S2 3200 (without TSReader) and trying to get some S2 Video. I've been "Locking" signals on a few Sats without a "Capture". I was pegging the double meter in the TT S2 3200 program, without success? About 45 minutes ago I nailed the Universal Mux on G5. So, this TT S2 3200 does get S2 signals after all, I was starting to wonder? And these are the HD versions of the 3 channels on the Mux. 2 are what most everyone is wanting from Charlie so bad......
I'm Happy!!!

Are some of these S2 signals 8PSK and others maybe QPSK? So far I've been able to Lock and Load only the two S2 Muxes I've found on G5/G14. But, I've Locked S2 signals on IA6/G26, and IA13/G23, and either G13 or G1/G15 (can't remember which?) without getting them to Load. I'm thinking this TT S2 3200 won't get 8PSK S2 as it is? I think I remember Gary from RTN saying there's were 8PSK? I guess I need to now get a Genpix or an 8PSK Adapter or something else to do the trick? It gets frustrating to watch the 2 Signal Bars being peaked out and the mini Lock Bar lit and get no return from it....?
On the other hand, those 6 channels I got from the 2 Muxes that work are Great! Even if one is a duplicate of another, so it's really only 5 different HD channels..... And none of those 5 are on DishNetwork in HD..... Yet!!!

The TT S2 3200 does receive DVB-S2 8psk signals. The muxes on Galaxy 14 are DVB-S2 8psk. I think you said you are using the Technotrend program. It doesn't find any channels on Galaxy 26, Galaxy 23 or Galaxy 13 because PAT (Program Association Table) for those muxes are not standard and the program cannot see the channels. When you get TSReader working, you will be able to see them. Most of the DVB-S2 muxes on Galaxy 23 and Galaxy 13 are part of the Intelsat IPTV service. These are data muxes so you won't see any channels. DVBDream uses the same BDA drivers that you have loaded for the Technotrend program. It will scan in the channels in the Equity mux on Galaxy 26. Since I cannot get TSReader to work with my S2-3200 on my computer, I use DVBDream and DVBStreamExplorer 3 instead.

Thanks photoman, the more I learn the more I know, maybe I'll be able to put some use to it? I'm getting there, the sooner the better. Only time will tell?

Are some of these S2 signals 8PSK and others maybe QPSK? So far I've been able to Lock and Load only the two S2 Muxes I've found on G5/G14. But, I've Locked S2 signals on IA6/G26, and IA13/G23, and either G13 or G1/G15 (can't remember which?) without getting them to Load. I'm thinking this TT S2 3200 won't get 8PSK S2 as it is? I think I remember Gary from RTN saying there's were 8PSK? I guess I need to now get a Genpix or an 8PSK Adapter or something else to do the trick? It gets frustrating to watch the 2 Signal Bars being peaked out and the mini Lock Bar lit and get no return from it....?
On the other hand, those 6 channels I got from the 2 Muxes that work are Great! Even if one is a duplicate of another, so it's really only 5 different HD channels..... And none of those 5 are on DishNetwork in HD..... Yet!!!

I have just set up my new TT-s3200 with the latest version of TSReader. I can tune in DVB-S2 channels on G23 and G26 just fine.

With the two S2 Muxes on G5/G14, I'm having no luck at all. Are you using the frequencies and sr as found on Lyngsat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)