Tuesday Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey Gang!

Got a lot done in the past 24 hours, and still have some more to do! Its amazing to think that I was able to upload new software and reprogram it without taking the site down at all.

I am very happy with this upgrade and am happy to report it fixed a number of bugs we were having, including the SENT ITEM's bug that many were having with private messages. Other big bugs on the backend of the software were also squished which helps us serve you better.

I have reinstalled the arcade from scratch and the Arcade is now once again open for your pleasure! I should note that while it was reinstalled we did not lose any games or high score data. :)

I installed a new state of the art portal system, this portal which is used for our main homepage has lots more features then our old system and allows us to add new features to our homepages quickly without the need of major coding!

I have also installed the new Spell Checker which we tried installing a few weeks ago, this new spell checker is a lot more friendly and works with ALL editors including the WYSIWYG editor! (My thanks to LER for installing the PSPELL module needed to make this work)

While I have been very busy I still have some work to do, stuff that needs to be finished is....

1) Reinstall our SatelliteGuys Members Home Theater Feature

2) Make a new skin for our VOOM forum

3) Reinstall the side Google Ads which is only seen by Unregistered members (We need to pay the bill's and if people dont want to see the ads they just need to register.) :D

4) Do some more fixing up of the look of the board

5) Finish intrograting our new "Contest software" with vBulletin so that we can bring all of our members "The Summer of Satellite Love!"

Rome was not built in a day, but I am proud with all I got done in 24 hours, we went from bare code to a full feature set in less then 24 hours and I can't complaign about that.

If you see anything strange or if something is no working PLEASE let me know so i can fix it. :)

Thanks for your support of SatelliteGuys!

(BTW sorry, I know I installed a Spell Check, but I didn't have time to use it... have to run and get the kids from Daycare.) :D

Scott
When you hit "reply" it shows 2 spell checkers at the bottom

Submit Reply Preview Post Spell Check Spell Check

whatupwitthat?

Spell Check doesn't seem to work. I am getting run-time errors all the time...
Actually it only works if there is a single line of text... ;)

And as before, there is no "Spell Check" button during message editing. Spell check is only available when creating a new message :(

I had problems adding an image to a post as indicated in that post I put a note at the bottom of that message.

I have been racking my brain all day trying to get the spell checker to work.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

For the time being I have temporarly removed the spell check feature (It WILL return!)

I am working with the author of the Spellcheck to get this problem fixed ASAP.

I see the spell-checker is now operational! Great! I missed it a lot...
And even the "Party" smilie works now! Thanks Scott! @party

Yes just put in the spell checker. And I believe I got it working throughout the site.

I also fixed the Party Smile...

I also upgraded the look of our VOOM forums to look sort of like VOOM.COM's site. :D (I am awfully proud of our VOOM area)

I am also working behind the scenes on our Contest software so we can roll out The Summer of Love contest on Thursday. :)

Busy day! (And busy here as well, I believe I saw at one point we had 1200 users on-line at a time!)

The only thing I dont like is that you have to go to a pull down and select new posts. I like having it out there to click on without having to go to a pull down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts