TUFF TV now on 83.0W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dig the new channel. Although I would have prefered the west feed of RTV . It's difficult to care much though as free is, well, free.

It's great to see a great new channel added, and I have to say the TUFF-TV network is very cool very groovy!!:up:cool:

Now all we have to is wait, for free DBS services to go on the air.:hungry:

Excellent! A new channel replaces a duplicate repeat channel. That is a win!

Buy a DVR if you need a three hour time shift!

I'm sure going to miss the west channel, I used it a lot during what I call "dead times" when there is nothing else on anywhere.

Exactly, and that RTV West feed was keeping me from having to surf through the late night infomercials. Oh well...

Getting the new channel is certainly a bonus though :) ...

Last edited:
BTW, back on topic, I noticed that my Coolsat 6100 stumbles with a channel switching lag and audio sync on the 2 channels in question but to my surprise my Viewsat 9000HD works seamingless smooth without a single notible hiccup. I never had to rescan, I just renamed the channels. The thing for me to consider is that both receivers are on completely different dish systems with different switches and LNB's. Maybe with time the sat engineers will iron out any kinks and all stbs will work the same as before.

BTW, back on topic, I noticed that my Coolsat 6100 stumbles with a channel switching lag and audio sync on the 2 channels in question but to my surprise my Viewsat 9000HD works seamingless smooth without a single notible hiccup. I never had to rescan, I just renamed the channels. The thing for me to consider is that both receivers are on completely different dish systems with different switches and LNB's. Maybe with time the sat engineers will iron out any kinks and all stbs will work the same as before.

My Visionsat stumbles etc too, but my Pansat after a rescan works perfect. I think RTV has some bugs to work out, but then again what else is new with the history of RTN.

Last edited:
We didn't notice the change till I was going to bed last night, about 10:00. I went to RTV West, and blank screen, but RTV East was up and running.

I checked with Phottoette out in the living room and she was getting both channels on the CNX Dual, so I went back and rescanned the Coolsat 5000, and noticed the names RTV and TUFFTV. Hmmm. I had to add the new name to my favorite list and move it to the old RTV West spot.

Now if someone can post (I haven't looked for it yet) the TuffTV TitanTV listing, all will be well.
[(edit) I think I found it ... KFDF is listed as Tuff TV, ya might try that folks]

Tony, she DID use the correct spelling, but your's is more appropriate if she leaves us alone for a while.

Funny, I was wondering what happened to Dee, she hadn't been on here bitching for a while. OOPS, be careful what you wish for .....

Photto

Last edited:
eh I'm in a chipper mood (knee screwed up, back hurts and on a bunch of pain pills) so I guess I can have fun with this...

Hey Ice,

Did you go a little too heavy on the pain pills??? :confused:

It is kind of unusual to see you go techfizzle on someone!

But I am not disagreeing with you at all!!!... ;)

Some of my RTV recordings are coming out smaller. Looks like they have cut the bit rate of the RTV channel by about 30 %. The new TuffTV channel also is this new lower bit rate. I wounder if there is another channel about to appear?

Note!! This gal (Dee Ann) has also invaded the RTV Facebook page.But back to the topic!There is some programming on Tuff that i may watch and like others have said its good to see another FTA channel.

I agree
More chanenls is better :)

I'm kinda looking forward to this show. Looks interesting ;)
Wrestlicious Takedown - Girls Gone Wild meets Wrestlemania as some of the hottest gals in wrestling go for the takedown. Watch these girls let it all hang out in and out of the ring.

Some of my RTV recordings are coming out smaller. Looks like they have cut the bit rate of the RTV channel by about 30 %. The new TuffTV channel also is this new lower bit rate. I wounder if there is another channel about to appear?

Gary mentioned they were launching 2 more channels on KU. TuffTV was one and we heard maybe RTV2 but not confirmed

Now if someone can post (I haven't looked for it yet) the TuffTV TitanTV listing, all will be well.
[(edit) I think I found it ... KFDF is listed as Tuff TV, ya might try that folks]

KKYK is an affiliate. It was back when Equity was going under and one night on Unreliable Sources Gary mentioned reruns on KKYK to a caller from Little Rock

I did a rescan of 83W this am and now get RTV East with no audio and Tuff TV without audio, am I missing something or is it a matter of them fixing the transmission following the switching around?

Hey Ice,

Did you go a little too heavy on the pain pills??? :confused:

It is kind of unusual to see you go techfizzle on someone!

But I am not disagreeing with you at all!!!... ;)

no. I had taken a few pain pills because I screwed up my knee last Saturday falling off the roof (well the top of the ladder which was about 8 feet up) yet the dummy in me just slaps on the knee brace and does projects on the dish farm when I should be resting it ;)

But seriously, if you look at her posts when a channel is added or changed and its something that she doesnt like. They're the same thing

-Back when Equity was changing affiliates constantly and we went from 4 ThisTV affiliates to 1 she complained because the others went to a "man channel"
-Then one of those changed to Tuff TV and she complained
-Then KKYK dropped This and went to Tuff TV and she complained
-When Bio & History first had issues with signal we got a "great there goes 2 good channels"...aka the sky is falling
-When Equity had signal issues back on G10 and was in the bankruptcy if it would go out someone would post "did Equity leave or is it me?"...she would post a sky is falling comment and get angry becaue Equity is gone. There went good channels even though it was just an uplink issue
-When someone posts about a new religious channel or ethnic channel that might be English but subtitles she would post her views on those chanenls as "worthless"
-When RTV showed some of those national Dish Network ads we got another "sky is falling" response
-When RTV had a 1 hour teaser of TuffTV on late Saturdays we got a "sky is falling RTV is done"

I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off but it gets real old hearing the same thing over and over gets real old. Folks have posted if you dont like the program then turn the channel and I agree. It really isnt that hard to do.

I mean come on. The channel is free so lets not complain and enjoy the channel. :)

I did a rescan of 83W this am and now get RTV East with no audio and Tuff TV without audio, am I missing something or is it a matter of them fixing the transmission following the switching around?

both have audio here. Just checked on the GeosatPro 200

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts