Tulsa and OKC locals from Griffin Communications on clock with Dish now

people in OKC and Tulsa, i feel your pain when it comes to losing a local TV station, recently, i lost KTVT and KTXA (granted it only lasted just one whole night) due to the big Dish-CBS dispute.

it sucks that you guys have to depend on a antenna for the time being to get some local channels due to the disputes the local stations owners (in my case a major media company like CBS)

i hope that dispute is resolved before Tornado season begins, as i know that you guys in Oklahoma get it worse then we in North Texas when it comes to tornadoes.

Reactions: soaphauler
I really dont see how News9 and News6 can afford to not be carried on both Cable One and Dish. That is ALOT of money/ad viewers. Griffin practically covers Oklahoma entirely for the CBS market.

yep another one of Dish's BS policies, trashing the guide on the main OTA channel even though the guide on the few OTA subchannels they do support is still fine and dandy.

The guide data is property of the station. With no agreement in place DISH can not legally carry the guide data.

For local disputes Directv had started reviving the local channel from the ota tuner as well so you can't even watch via ota on your Directv receiver.

The guide data is property of the station. With no agreement in place DISH can not legally carry the guide data.

For local disputes Directv had started reviving the local channel from the ota tuner as well so you can't even watch via ota on your Directv receiver.

Sorry, but I still call BS on that. Then why is there still guide data for the the subchannels for the affected stations? KOTV 6.2 6.3 and KQCW 19.2 all still have their guide data. If they can't carry the guide data for 6.1 and 19.1 then whats different about the guide data for the subchannels?

Attachments

• IMG_20150116_172706670_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150116_172706670_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 227
The only thing that sucks here is with 009-00 gone from Dish, it killed the guide data for 009-01 OTA. Therefore, my timers are useless. Jerks...

I also call BS. Nothing prevents Dish from utilizing PSIP except for the fact they don't want to. Maybe PSIP doesn't have enough data as Tribune, but that shouldn't matter.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Topeka and Kansas City just barely hit Tulsa and the NE part of the viewing DMA, those in the southern part around McAlester wouldn't get it. For HD only Ada/Sherman (129) or Wichita, KS (119) both cover almost all of Oklahoma and would the ones to switch too,if one were to do that.

Sorry, but I still call BS on that. Then why is there still guide data for the the subchannels for the affected stations? KOTV 6.2 6.3 and KQCW 19.2 all still have their guide data. If they can't carry the guide data for 6.1 and 19.1 then whats different about the guide data for the subchannels?
I'm with you on that. Sorry Scott, but just look at osu's image. My guide looks the same. That is evidence that they DO still get the data, but BLOCK transmission for the main channel. This IS on DISH, and not anybody else's fault! The CSR I talked to said that they won't get any guide data since the removal of the channel, but that seems to be a blatant lie. And I expressed my lack of satisfaction about that, especially for that fact that as a AEP subscriber since 2003 I reserve the right to complain about being ripped off and being lied to!

Oh, and by the way: I understand that this was just a CSR I expressed my concerns to. Doesn't matter. I work in Customer Service too, and it's part of the job. I get the heat on the front counter for the ineptitude of my boss as well. But I make sure to forward it after.

Reactions: osu1991
Now that the AFC championship is over I wonder how long this will last. KOTV is posting responses to some of the messages on their facebook page. Says they are still negotiating. But who knows.

Now that the AFC championship is over I wonder how long this will last. KOTV is posting responses to some of the messages on their facebook page. Says they are still negotiating. But who knows.

Griffin is in damage control now. They have been taking a beating with their message that it is all Dish's fault and Dish removed them blah blah blah. Emails from Dish offering to match what Directv pays Griffin got out and was apparently turned down Friday, that set the viewers off. The stupid scroll during the football game was an idiot move too, just got more backlash against Griffin.

Reactions: soaphauler
Griffin is in damage control now. They have been taking a beating with their message that it is all Dish's fault and Dish removed them blah blah blah. Emails from Dish offering to match what Directv pays Griffin got out and was apparently turned down Friday, that set the viewers off. The stupid scroll during the football game was an idiot move too, just got more backlash against Griffin.

I never saw the e-mails I guess. But that would explain why KOTV is not bashing Dish in their follow up posts on facebook. Maybe Griffin figured they could extort more out of Dish since they just had a bitter fight with Fox.

I would LOVE to see a copy of this. Any idea where it was posted? I'd make damn sure that ended up on KWTV's facebook page for all to see, hell I may even call the other local stations and see if they were interested in a story on it.

I would LOVE to see a copy of this. Any idea where it was posted? I'd make damn sure that ended up on KWTV's facebook page for all to see, hell I may even call the other local stations and see if they were interested in a story on it.
No other station would get anywhere near it.

I have a few other outlets that may be interested, non TV stations. So does anyone know where to get a copy of that email?

Yeah either way the local guys need to get over themselves and offer the similar deals across the board..
I think most of these deals are for 3-5 years. So let's say the contract with DirecTV was made in 2011. The deal with Dish made in 2015 should be at the same rates as those negotiated in 2011?

I think most of these deals are for 3-5 years. So let's say the contract with DirecTV was made in 2011. The deal with Dish made in 2015 should be at the same rates as those negotiated in 2011?
All I'm saying they should charge similar rates with all the providers across the board is all and they are still making money as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)