tune-s2, my little linux app

Status
Please reply by conversation.

updatelee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
CFB Edmonton
here is the latest version of my tune-s2 app, still under alot of changes so use what youd like from it.

I added usals support, like everything out there it seems, the farther north you go the farther out of whack it gets. not sure why, my math seems simple and in my head it works. I get the exact same numbers as enigma's much more complicated algo, and the same numbers are other online aim calculators. but whatever it works

all this app does is control your motor, committed, uncommitted, and 22khz switch, and tell the dvb tuner to tune a freq with or without additional params, once it does it it reports back any info that may have changed, and the tune status like signal strength/quality then waits for you to hit the 'q' to quit

this lets you run dvbsnoop in another screen :)

./tune-s2 12224 V 20000 -help

Attachments

• tune-s2.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 346
here is the latest version of my tune-s2 app, still under alot of changes so use what youd like from it.

I added usals support, like everything out there it seems, the farther north you go the farther out of whack it gets. not sure why, my math seems simple and in my head it works. I get the exact same numbers as enigma's much more complicated algo, and the same numbers are other online aim calculators. but whatever it works

all this app does is control your motor, committed, uncommitted, and 22khz switch, and tell the dvb tuner to tune a freq with or without additional params, once it does it it reports back any info that may have changed, and the tune status like signal strength/quality then waits for you to hit the 'q' to quit

Will this work with the 2104D DVBWorld USB receiver?

Thanks for this app! it's currently the only thing in Linux that works to scan with my Prof 7500, with Ku linear I can tune a transponder and dvbsnoop it. I am having trouble with C-Band though, it doesn't seem to like the transponder frequency I give it. If I use -lnb CBAND and a tp frequency like 3907 it says it's tuning to something like 4567892. I can't copy and paste the real output since I'm at work right now.

Where do you place this file? I should have asked "How do you install this file?

Thanks for this app! it's currently the only thing in Linux that works to scan with my Prof 7500, with Ku linear I can tune a transponder and dvbsnoop it. I am having trouble with C-Band though, it doesn't seem to like the transponder frequency I give it. If I use -lnb CBAND and a tp frequency like 3907 it says it's tuning to something like 4567892. I can't copy and paste the real output since I'm at work right now.

here we go fixed it. CBAND should now work fine.

I think the old version used different arguments, I got rid of all the single letter args like -l and now use -lnb insted, there were just to many different args it was getting confusing with single letters.

Code:
usage: tune-s2 12224 V 20000 [options]
        -adapter N     : use given adapter (default 0)
        -frontend N    : use given frontend (default 0)
        -2             : use 22khz tone
        -committed N   : use DiSEqC COMMITTED switch position N (1-4)
        -uncommitted N : use DiSEqC uncommitted switch position N (1-4)
        -usals N.N     : orbital position
        -long N.N      : site long
        -lat N.N       : site lat
        -lnb lnb-type  : STANDARD, UNIVERSAL, DBS, C-BAND or 
        -system        : System DVB-S or DVB-S2
        -modulation    : modulation BPSK QPSK 8PSK
        -fec           : fec 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 3/5, 4/5, 5/6, 6/7, 8/9, 9/10, AUTO
        -rolloff       : rolloff 35=0.35 25=0.25 20=0.20 0=UNKNOWN
        -inversion N   : spectral inversion (OFF / ON / AUTO [default])
        -pilot N           : pilot (OFF / ON / AUTO [default])
        -help          : help

Attachments

• tune-s2.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 208
Where do you place this file? I should have asked "How do you install this file?

unzip to any folder in linux and go into it and type

make

this will compile it into an executable file called tune-s2 if you want to install it

cp tune-s2 /usr/local/bin

then it'll be in your path

unzip to any folder in linux and go into it and type

make

this will compile it into an executable file called tune-s2 if you want to install it

cp tune-s2 /usr/local/bin

then it'll be in your path

This only works in linux environment (OS)?

Ive never programmed a thing for windows, I started in linux, and I just cant see myself changing now lol :)

I doubt much is transferable over other then the basic algo's, but the code would be completely different

Here is the updated version of my tune-s2 app, the mips version is for dreambox (obv enigma cant be running)

Attachments

• tune-s2.zip
    9 KB · Views: 177
  • tune-s2.mips.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 166
Here is the latest version, fixed some bugs on the motor side, now you can hit 's' to skip waiting, helpful when moving from one sat to the next close sat.

UDL

Attachments

• tune-s2.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 187
hey !
Great tool ! Works great for me, but only in dvb-s.
Does not work for DVB-S2 :( no tunning, nothing.
linux 2.6.32-5-686 (Debian Squeeze)
Technisat Skystar HD2
standard linux drivers built in kernel.

In other sotfware (scan-s2) i get proper tunning, so card is working ok ;)

Here is the latest version, the one uploaded I think had a bug in it where some of the arguments were not being processed correctly.

Attachments

• tune-s2.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 171
With this version, i get compilation errors:
Code:
gcc -I../s2/linux/include -c kb.c -o kb.o
gcc -I../s2/linux/include -c diseqc.c -o diseqc.o
gcc -I../s2/linux/include -c tune-s2.c -o tune-s2.o
In file included from tune-s2.c:23:
tune-s2.h:106: error: ‘DCII_C_QPSK’ undeclared here (not in a function)
tune-s2.h:107: error: ‘DCII_I_QPSK’ undeclared here (not in a function)
tune-s2.h:108: error: ‘DCII_Q_QPSK’ undeclared here (not in a function)
tune-s2.h:109: error: ‘DCII_C_OQPSK’ undeclared here (not in a function)

this one has those 4 lines commented out, if you have those defined in your frontend.h then you can use the genpix skywalker-1 to tune DGII in linux.

Attachments

• tune-s2.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 186
still no luck...

Code:
/opt/tune-s2# ./tune-s2 10773 H 22000 -lnb UNIVERSAL -system DVB-S2 -fec 2/3 -modulation 8PSK
LNB: low: 9750 high: 10600 switch: 11700
opening: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
LOW band

Tuneing specs:
System:     DVB-S2
Frequency:  10773 H 22000
22khz:      OFF
Modulation: 8PSK
FEC:        2/3
Inversion:  AUTO
Rolloff:    AUTO
Pilot:      AUTO

>>> tuning failed!!!
Closing frontend ...

dvb-s transponder locks properly without any additional parameters:

Code:
/opt/tune-s2# ./tune-s2 10788 V 22000 -lnb UNIVERSAL
LNB: low: 9750 high: 10600 switch: 11700
opening: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
LOW band

Tuneing specs:
System:     DVB-S
Frequency:  10788 V 22000
Modulation: QPSK
FEC:        AUTO
Inversion:  AUTO
Rolloff:    AUTO
Pilot:      AUTO

Tuned specs:
System:     DVB-S 5
Frequency:  10788 V 22000
Modulation: QPSK 0
FEC:        AUTO 9
Inversion:  AUTO 2
Rolloff:    AUTO 3
Pilot:      AUTO 2

status 1e | signal   0% | snr   0% | ber 0 | unc -2 | FE_HAS_LOCK

well its hard to test on my Prof 7500 unless I completly rewrite the driver because it pretty much does auto everything, but I tested on my genpix (which I have turbo-fec siwtch with the DVB-S2 setting) and also on my alps tuner (dm800) and it seems to work.

what tuner are you using ? and it works in other apps ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts