Turner South?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Why is Turner South only available in certain states? I live in Louisiana and last time I checked that was considered the deep South. I'm 10 minutes from the Mississippi border but can't get it. What are they showing on this channel? :confused:

Now named SportSouth; It is a RSN like any other and only in some zip codes. Check out their site for a zip code DB maybe (if they have a site yet).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SportSouth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_South

There are two major differences between FSN South and SportSouth:

* SportSouth plans to air only programs of interest to the region, much as FSN Prime Ticket does in Southern California. Jeff Genthner, vice president and general manager of FSN South and SportSouth, cited a program currently in the works on Hawks rookie Shelden Williams' first year in the NBA as one example. Thus, only FSN South will carry national FSN games, such as those from the Big 12 and Pac-10 Conferences.
* SportSouth is blacked out in areas not covered by the ZIP codes in the regional coverage area. For example, viewers of DirecTV's "Sports Pack" in other parts of the United States will not receive the channel. The blackout policy dates back to the days of Turner/Time Warner ownership.

FSN South also covers a somewhat wider broadcast area, and offers a variety of different MLB, NBA, and NHL teams, depending on location.

We have it here in Atlanta, they show a lot of Braves games on it. That is why TBS shows less Braves games every year. Other than that, nothing good at all to me. If you aren't a baseball fan and/or a Braves fan you probably aren't missing much.

The channel was better before it became all sports... I doubt I watch more than 5 minutes a week.... I guess I will watch it during baseball season.... You are not missing anything but not having it....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts