Turner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Aren't the turner channels usually free on holidays? I'm trying to get in on what I guess will be the end of an era (last free holiday). So far, still encrypted.

Anybody want a Videocipher module cheap? I guess there won't be any use for them next Christmas.

there wont be any use for them next Thursday ;)

That may not be totally true. I foresee ESPN and ESPN 2 still being there in VC-2 for a bit, possibly the Turners too. Just because we can't sub to them don't mean they may not pop open here and there like any other channel. I for one won't pull my board until I see no feeds being broadcast. Heck before they pull the plug for good they may go FA for an extended stay such as Showtime did last year. One can always hope :)

I thought Turner was leaving analog period and not being like ESPN and only available to cable companies?

I thought Turner was leaving analog period and not being like ESPN and only available to cable companies?

Im not sure but I think there still supplying some headends Vc2. If that's the case they will be around a while. May be NPS just don't want to pay tier bit fees. Which brings up something does anyone know what a tier bit costs. I was reading an old article from 88 the other day that said each Vc2 tier bit was $500.00 per month so with inflation is that $5000.00 now :confused:

When I logged into the Turner affiliate site, its has a big note on the front page telling everyone to install there SA-d9850's ASAP before the end of December. I anticipate that they are leaving analog all together since there channels are on Galaxy 15 via DVB PowerVu. But that still doesn't mean that they can't put some HD up on Galaxy 14 TP's ;)

Also, NPS is supposed to be uplinking CNN TNT Headline News on Dec. 31st, but can't do TBS due to blackouts. Also, TWC is supposed to be available on 4dtv C4.

I know TWC analog will stay strong for a year or two, at least two. Their analog signals still are used for the analog Weatherstar 4000s, Jrs, and XLs. Being a TWC affiliate, I recently added TWC HD to my setup, and their multiplex on C4 is has a symbol rate of 29270 and an FEC of 7/8. I had to set this in my Motorola DSR-4410 for it to lock. They told me it was 3/4, but they changed it to 7/8, so I'm not sure how it'll work with the 4DTV.

29270 7/8 split will work with the 4DTV. It's the same that SR/FEC that HBO uses in the master mux. That would make the Weather Channel the first service that actually changed from commercial only combo mode to a 4DTV compatible mode.

Hats off to them for doing that. :hatsoff:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)