TV Apps

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I read the notes in the other "site" and there's some improvements to MRV. I was hoping that the update fixed your problems. I haven't tried the apps on my receivers but 2-3 days ago they were loading slower than they usually do.

I sent Directv a message on facebook, and they are aware of the problem.

Mine is now working again.

Were any specifics exchanged via Facebook like acct # or RID #'s?

If not, maybe it's only a coincidence you're running TV APPS, 12 hours after contacting Directv through Facebook?

Not trying to dismiss the resolution; but I rather hope there is a quicker method for individuals looking for a TV APP fix. Maybe someone else should try that?

Were any specifics exchanged via Facebook like acct # or RID #'s?

If not, maybe it's only a coincidence you're running TV APPS, 12 hours after contacting Directv through Facebook?

?
No info was givin. They told me they are working on the issues and sent me a link in the Directv Apps section where I could file a complaint. I didn't bother, because its not the apps, Its the fact the receiver won't receive the apps.

They are clueless!

Can't argue with that; the amount of posted issues seems to be growing which could indicate the resolution is on a slow pace.

There are other existing issues that are in need of resolution: HDMI audio & video, video freezes and hard lock-ups, OTA & Media Share issues on the HR24-500 seem to be on a snail's pace for resolution as well as all the TV APPS errors.

Can't argue with that; the amount of posted issues seems to be growing which could indicate the resolution is on a slow pace.

There are other existing issues that are in need of resolution: HDMI audio & video, video freezes and hard lock-ups, OTA & Media Share issues on the HR24-500 seem to be on a snail's pace for resolution as well as all the TV APPS errors.
This was on my HR23. I don't have 24:)

When my TV apps wasn't working, I called DTV customer support and they told me to change the IP address and DNS under the Advanced Setup under Network Setup to the following:

- Add 2 to the rightmost digit of the IP address (75 becomes 77, for example)
- Change DNS to 4.2.2.2
- Leave everything else alone

That worked and has continued to work for TV appson both my HR20 and H21 and I'm still able to download programs from DirecTV on Demand (on the HR20, of course).

I hope this is helpful.

When my TV apps wasn't working, I called DTV customer support and they told me to change the IP address and DNS under the Advanced Setup under Network Setup to the following:

- Add 2 to the rightmost digit of the IP address (75 becomes 77, for example)
- Change DNS to 4.2.2.2
- Leave everything else alone

That worked and has continued to work for TV appson both my HR20 and H21 and I'm still able to download programs from DirecTV on Demand (on the HR20, of course).

I hope this is helpful.

Hmm, I would think that adding an external DNS might have solved the issue in this case.

Hmm, I would think that adding an external DNS might have solved the issue in this case.

I agree but I don't think it's that simple for everyone. I use OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and my VOD d/ls and TV APPS seem quicker rather than waiting for the ISP DNS server. In addition to the STB ports, I forward port UDP port 1701 and TCP port 443 to my receivers also. (I don't forward the Audio Services port; I've found that I don't have to do so). Some have tried the same and successfully connected to network services but still had no TV APPS which leads me to believe that their TV APPS issues are on Directv's end. Configuring network services, port forwarding and alternate DNS servers are certainly worth a try for those unable to get TV APPS going using the normal method. I got he 301 one time with normal DHCP and Auto configuration mode. I did not get TV APPS until I tried to connect network services (a 202 result s/b enough to get TV APPS for most users but one failure for me was enough to go back to the manual configuration with static IP and port forwarding).

Short distance pings and d/ls may be faster using the ISP DNS server but longer distance ping tests are usually quicker using alternate DNS servers. My ISP's DNS Server has had reliability issues in the past so I switched all my LAN-side devices to static IPs with OpenDNS as the DNS server. Some routers will also allow alternate DNS servers.

Google has an application for MAC and Windows to help locate the recommended DNS server using pings from multiple DNS servers from the user's location: Downloads - namebench - Project Hosting on Google Code

Last edited:
This worked for me

I kept getting an error that the internet wasn't connected. System test said everything was fine so I repeated the network setup and now my tv apps work again. This may be a temp fix and this may not. Hopefully this will work for everyone else.

Roll Tide

My Apps were working UNTIL last night when Directv downloaded new software. Then I got the 301 message again. I pugged the cable from my reviever HR-24 directly into my moden tried to load my apps, then plugged the cable back into my router and then reset network connections on the reciever...All works again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts