TV FOOL issues

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Ran a report yesterday just for kicks. According to website, and it's affecting many, including my station info (according to their thread it's affecting over a thousand stations) repack info was included into data base and it's leaving out many current stations making report incomplete. If already discussed, pls remove thread. Just trying to be helpful. Thanks

Apparently this has been going on for a few weeks. My local ABC affiliate was incorrectly located (latitude and longitude) a couple of weeks ago so now it shows up out in the Gulf of Guinea south of Ghana.

The TVFool forum is probably the best place to discuss tvfool (assuming you can get the sysop to activate your account).

Reactions: andy_horton
Apparently this has been going on for a few weeks. My local ABC affiliate was incorrectly located (latitude and longitude) a couple of weeks ago so now it shows up out in the Gulf of Guinea south of Ghana.

The TVFool forum is probably the best place to discuss tvfool (assuming you can get the sysop to activate your account).

3 years ago it took me 6 months for them to activate my account. I wouldn't hold my breath for any new signups. I don't think anybody in power is awake over there anymore. That's a real shame...

Reactions: andy_horton

Not holding my breath on getting it activated..lol) man, that's a CRAZY report!! I thought mine was bad just missing some!! Lol I'm in their "que..." Naturally hasn't been activated and last check it said while they were aware of issues, feel free to post there if possible, but really nothing they could do until their programs they either buy to run reports or whatever is fixed. I like the actual FCC site as far as looking at dtv signal coverage area. Not too accurate when actually seeing what channels are available. I called Clearstream 800 number and while they want me to purchase their new 4 max, she said it would do very well (not sure for 149.00 just to try and then end up taking jt down apart and back to store 25 miles away) I'll stick with Atlanta locals on DTVN, finally have all of them, and Chatt TN locals from antennas which I love to tinker with and be a bother on here to learn..lol been using this site for years due to vast knowledge and unique experiences of ppl here

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I called Clearstream 800 number and while they want me to purchase their new 4 max, she said it would do very well (not sure for 149.00 just to try and then end up taking jt down apart and back to store 25 miles away)
I would point out that splitting the signal four ways on entry into the device is likely to seriously compromise the signal levels. Chances are that it is a passive splitter so you could be whacking your already awful signal by around 80%.

I would point out that splitting the signal four ways on entry into the device is likely to seriously compromise the signal levels. Chances are that it is a passive splitter so you could be whacking your already awful signal by around 80%.
Did not know that is what it does. Just assumed it combined UHF VHF internally. Thanks

Did not know that is what it does. Just assumed it combined UHF VHF internally. Thanks
Unless they're doing something extraordinary, they're splitting the signal between four independent tuners using a passive splitter. Combining UHF and VHF is also typically done with passive electronics that adds a certain amount of "insertion loss".

It might as well be. Their database is awful. It doesn’t list half the channels in our market now and most are wrong. I pity poor people basing their antenna decisions on it in the current form it exists in

Their database is awful.
I think they're using something similar to what rabbitears is using; perhaps just lagging a bit. rabbitears just does a better job of working around the FCC's database "inconsistencies". Even when the location of my local ABC affiliate was 0,0, rabbitears managed to keep straight what market it was in. tvfool clearly figures out the market based on the coordinates.

Yeah, all CDBS entries since about May have had 0,0 coordinates. On RabbitEars, I added database fields that allow me to specify the coordinates. Those fields are auto-populated if there's an associated ASRN in the application, but if not, I manually add the coordinates to those fields. Anyone less dedicated would just have zeroes there unless they've already moved to LMS data.

- Trip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)