TV Land and non-kid-friendly commercials

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Some people have reported seeing non-kid-friendly commercials on TV Land during recording of Brady Bunch, for example, which airs at around 4am. TV Land claims it's E* who's inserting these commercials. Someone said they saw the same commercial on TV Land while watching via D*.

Without getting into "discussions" about this topic, can anyone record these two programs ?

4:30 AM Brady Bunch, The The Private Ear : TV-G
5:00 AM Leave It To Beaver Bachelor At Large : TV-G

When possible, quickly watch -- FF through it until you get to commercials -- it. Note what commercials are shown. If it's a "safe" commercial, no need to mention it. If it's along the lines of Girls Gone Wild or an erectile-disfunction medication, note the approx time (9 minutes into program, for example).

Thanks

=================================================

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/123627-dish-airing-inappropriate-ads-tv-land.html

Yes but people record programs at 4 in the morning

I absolutely agree. Most of TV programs in this household are recorded. With DVR's, the time of day something airs does not matter anymore. And considering TV Land is supposed to be family friendly, these types of commercials should be inappropriate any time of day or night. But sadly, IMHO, TV Land has changed drastically since it first started to air and these types of commercials would not surprise me. Isn't TV Land owned by the same people who own MTV?

...call Dee-Vee-aRs. They let you record anything you want at any time of the day.
Not only do they "let" you record anything you want at any time.. but some actually record shows for you whenever they air based on your viewing preferences. Hence you may get something recorded at 2am just because it aired then and matched your viewing prefs.

Sorry to bother you..... Apparently you cared enough to read the post/thread though. As already noted, there's these new-fangled gadgets people call Dee-Vee-aRs. They let you record anything you want at any time of the day.

Glad you posted that hall, as I was thinking the exact same thing.

Only thing I can think of is that it's outside the "family time" hours so maybe TVL is feeling the pressure to add more advertisers that aren't completely family friendly. Tough economy, ya' know.

Only thing I can think of is that it's outside the "family time" hours so maybe TVL is feeling the pressure to add more advertisers that aren't completely family friendly. Tough economy, ya' know.
That's my suspicion too but my argument is that the commercials should be fairly inline with the program. The two I mentioned above are rated "G". GGW videos sure aren't !!

No one's said they'll record these shows yet.... :confused:

No one's said they'll record these shows yet.... :confused:
hall, if it'll help your quest, I'll record them and do a check. I won't be able to check them until tomorrow after work though, as I'll be at the gym by the time the 2nd is recording. HOWEVER, I am not a directv subscriber, I'm a "cable" subscriber.

hall, if it'll help your quest, I'll record them and do a check. I won't be able to check them until tomorrow after work though, as I'll be at the gym by the time the 2nd is recording. HOWEVER, I am not a directv subscriber, I'm a "cable" subscriber.

lumpkin, I'll have the D* version posted by then but if you'll follow up with your cable version, then maybe hall can see if the provider is inserting those commercials or if its part of the national feed.

And to all those that don't see why it matters, it matters to hall so why can't we all help him out?!

RODNEY KING: "Can't we all just get along!?":hatsoff:

This will be interesting to find out if it's on all three medias.
If so, it's done by the provider, that being , whoever owns the TV Land channel.

My bet is on the Network inserting them.

Jimbo

Well I got up around 4:30. I couldn't sleep. I switched to TVL and didn't see anything for 20 min. Just Bowlflex, Ostero pills and Help I fell down commercials.

I gave up 15 minutes into leave it to beaver.

Last edited:
I have to wonder.... if the non-kid friendly ads are on a channel like TV Land, aren't they missing their target audience, for the most part? I suppose it is possible for a five year old to have erectile dysfunction though. Personally, I would think a ad from Hasbro would be a better return on advertising dollars.

I just ran through both shows this morning before running out the door and neither of them had the offending commercials on them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)