TV Land and non-kid-friendly commercials

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't speak for TV land, but I noticed in prime time Television last week when I was flipping through channels, that ABC Family had a Dukes of Hazard "The young years" show on. It may be a series, I personally have no clue. But in the first two minuets I heard the two young Bo and Luke talking about the "breasts", and "Front & Back sides" of two young (16 year old looking), girls in bikini's sun bathing on the mountain side. Then the girls noticed the two young Duke's and started provocatively rubbing them selves and each other.

My wife was shocked and so was I that this is on ABC family at 7:00pm.

I can't speak for TV land, but I noticed in prime time Television last week when I was flipping through channels, that ABC Family had a Dukes of Hazard "The young years" show on. It may be a series, I personally have no clue. But in the first two minuets I heard the two young Bo and Luke talking about the "breasts", and "Front & Back sides" of two young (16 year old looking), girls in bikini's sun bathing on the mountain side. Then the girls noticed the two young Duke's and started provocatively rubbing them selves and each other.

My wife was shocked and so was I that this is on ABC family at 7:00pm.

While a lot of stuff on ABC Family is suitable for everyone, they released a statement a year or so ago that said they had changed their focus and now featured something for every member of the family, not necessarily suitable for the whole family at once.

IMHO "The Dukes of Hazzard" was never family-friendly, focused as it was on evading the law, hell-raising, and Daisy Duke's cleavage. The 2007 theatrical film certainly wasn't family-friendly.

And yes, TV has gone to hell in a handbasket.:)

Here's my opinion. I could care less what they show as long as they rate it appropriately. If the show is rated G, it shouldn't have TV-14 commercials. If it does, the whole show should be rated TV-14.

I have no interest in setting some arbitrary standard. If people like it, it will make money and stay. If they hate it, it will go. I just want to be able to watch a show with my kids and not have to explain vastly inappropriate content during the commercials.

This is one of the reasons I listen to satellite radio. It lets me listen to a lot of stations without the commercials. I do have a gripe with XM filling every news station with ED commercials, but you generally can't watch or listen to news shows with young kids anymore (which is a shame).

There isa simialr thread in the DISH forum. Apparently DISH was inserting the ads in question D* may be doing the same thing.

I think if its that big of issue of what is being showed as commercials during certain shows then you should not watch that channel. Its all about the M O N E Y any provider will play what ever they want For the R I G H T Price. Money talk Period.

There isa simialr thread in the DISH forum. Apparently DISH was inserting the ads in question D* may be doing the same thing.
Yeap... I started *this* thread in order to get some D* customers to record a couple sample shows to compare what commercials are aired (to determine if the commercials are from D*, E*, or TV Land).

I think if its that big of issue of what is being showed as commercials during certain shows then you should not watch that channel. Its all about the M O N E Y any provider will play what ever they want For the R I G H T Price. Money talk Period.

Obviously, I stop watching any channel doing this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts